Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You didn't get the job then?!

Hey, this might sound a bit mean, but 15 mins late isn't that late you know. They probably had lots of IVs to get through.

Also, interviewers are often not that interested during iVs - again, it happens quite a lot!! Being grumpy might not even had anything to do with you or might even have been a tactic to see how you coped?? I know it feels bad at the time, but just chalk it up to not being right for you.

You are quite unusual in naming and shaming though! They will know who you are!! Would advise you to edit this post away...

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care if they know who I am to be honest. The least a firm can do is to arrive on time for an interview or at least apologise for being late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickenandegg)
    What an unprofessional firm. Interviewers (both partners) arrived 15 minutes late despite the receptionist phoning through 30 minutes beforehand. One interviewer thoroughly grumpy throughout and completely disinterested. No specific feedback given whatsoever. What a complete waste of money and time.
    Once you (singular) realise you (plural) are just an inconvenience for fee earners being pressured to meet targets and make dollah, your expectations will be tempered to a more realistic target of what to expect from firms.

In any event, 15 minutes is not a long amount of time whatsoever, everyone has their own interview style and as long as they weren't rude, then you have no grounds to complain and most firms operate a 'no feedback policy' for unsuccessful applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawLad13)
    Once you (singular) realise you (plural) are just an inconvenience for fee earners being pressured to meet targets and make dollah, your expectations will be tempered to a more realistic target of what to expect from firms.

In any event, 15 minutes is not a long amount of time whatsoever, everyone has their own interview style and as long as they weren't rude, then you have no grounds to complain and most firms operate a 'no feedback policy' for unsuccessful applicants.
    Never heard of a firm which offers no feedback after an interview...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of applying there for a paralegal position. Any tips if I do get an interview? Was it a particularly difficult interview?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.