The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by felamuzlem
Two wrongs do not make a right.
You do not live in the Muslim world and as such there is no way for you to know how Muslims will react to the death of a family of 18 innocent Israelis.
You find no way to excuse the barbarity of the IDF so you peg the Muslims with the same but without reason.
Mind you, nobody is saying it is the Jews who are laughing, although Jewish settlers are deeply racist and derive much joy from the deaths of Palestinians.

Lol I can only lol at this as you generalise a Jewish community even if you have not lived among them. And who are you to say I have not visited an Arab/Muslim nation and stayed among them.
Original post by MASTER265
The majority of Gaza is linked to terrorist organisations so we need Israel to decimate it. Hamas and Palestine as a whole have always wanted to cleanse Israel and kill every non Muslim. So Israel are defending themselves. He Israelites are the only civilised, democratic, developed people in the Middle East so only rational people would support them.

No, the majority of Israel is linked with the terrorist ideology 'Zionism' and the world needs to annihilate it.
Israel and the vast majority of Israelis have always wanted to cleanse their so-called 'holy land' of gentiles and kill every Arab in their path. The Israelis are aggressors and you are a numpty.
The Israelis are the only people in the Middle East killing killing killing with impunity and with the world's blessings. That is not what I would care to call civilised, democratic and developed.
Original post by Pinzgauer
Ah, so you don't want a ceasefire then?

Why is it pro-palestinian apologists keep shifting the goal posts and coming up with new excuses for continued terrorism?

First everyone claims the blockade is the reason - despite the fact rockets preceded the blockade.

Then they claim Hamas was not consulted for the last rejected ceasefire.

Now Israel is offering a ceasefire and the apologists condone Hamas' rejection on the basis that a lot of people have died?

Surely that's MORE of a reason to accept the ceasefire?

But the pro-palestinians apologists for terrorism will twist and contort into any position as long as they excuse their behaviour in some way.

I must say though, yours is a new one.

"Our people are suffering so much and you have destroyed a lot of our buildings, that we therefore REFUSE to ceasefire and encourage more dead and more destruction"

Wow.

I did not mention the actions of Hamas in response to your post nor did I state anything to suggest I am pro-Palestinian, I only remarked upon abhorrent actions of Israel and their decision to use disparate force and aggression.

As for "moving the goal posts" the grievances of the Palestinian people are more than just a simple case of removing the blockade, as often reported they are subjected to inhumane treatment by a Zionist government.

The rocket attacks may well have started circa 2001, but the region of Gaza was physically under illegal occupation by manner of settlers and military personnel used as security for the settlers. However, just because the region does not have settlers does not mean that the region is still not under control of Israel, it still remains an occupying power as it controls the borders, imports/exports, medical aid, as well as food and water.
As reported many times, Israel has devised a method of only supplying enough food to meet the bare minimum calories required for them to dismally survive.

It removed settlers, place economic sanctions on Gaza, and still continues to control the economy and infrastructure - it is illogical to suggest that the population of Gaza are free when their governance of their borders and water is still not under their own control.
I'm sure Hamas would be voted out of Government, as they were elected in 2007 after the blockade was put in place if Israel were to meet the rational demands of the Palestinian people, as well as adhere to the borders recognised by the international community, and not continue to steal land and build settlements on land they wish to illegally take.
Original post by Madeline_H95
Someone has gone to a lot of work making a video showing a class room full of rocket casing and a school roof with a launcher on. Not to mention the videos showing rockets being fired from residential estates in Palestine. While I have no proof they were fired from civilian places, you have no proof they weren't.

So you have no proof. And yet you are willing to condone firing rockets at hospitals, UN run schools and shelters and residential neighbourhoods?

I have no proof there weren't rockets but as a general rule I think opposing acts of aggression against civilians is a good idea. The fact that John Kerry, one of the key men involved in the foreign policy of Israels biggest ally facetiously called this "one hell of a pinpoint operation" in frustration says it all.
Lol I can only lol at this as you generalise a Jewish community even if you have not lived among them. And who are you to say I have not visited an Arab/Muslim nation and stayed among them.

I know a lot about Jewish settlers in the West Bank, they attack Arabs indiscriminately and terrorise them, vandalise their belongings and take pride in doing all of that as they are ultra-Orthodox Jews who believe crazy things about 'gentiles' in particular 'Arab' gentiles who they believe are trying to take over their land.
https://news.vice.com/video/rockets-and-revenge-dispatch-7
If you lol at me then lol at yourself as you are generalizing a billion people whilst I am generalizing only a single community and I have evidence to back my claim whilst you have none.
And there we have the pro-palestinian supporters.

Thanks for being so honest. :smile:

The majority of Gaza is linked to terrorist organisations so we need Israel to decimate it. Hamas and Palestine as a whole have always wanted to cleanse Israel and kill every non Muslim. So Israel are defending themselves. He Israelites are the only civilised, democratic, developed people in the Middle East so only rational people would support them.

And I suppose this is your typical Zionist then?

Come on. We both know better...
The bitter irony is that from all over the globe there are people coming out in support of Palestine and Gaza, and in condemnation of Israel but still the killing continues with no end in sight.
Original post by JanitaTwain
I'm assuming you have enough brain cells to absorb information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Israel

Wars that Israel started? Read the list again. All of these wars were fought as a result of your beloved country seizing land that that had no right upon.

Keep looking at the history of the land kid http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_the_Land_of_Israel :rolleyes:
The bitter irony is that from all over the globe there are people coming out in support of Palestine and Gaza, and in condemnation of Israel but still the killing continues with no end in sight.

there's a ceasefire

the war is over
Throughout the whole Middle East and Muslim nations across the world ethnic cleansing has taken place. Did you know UN statistic indicate over 85% of the Christian community in Iraq and Iran no longer exists. Similarly Kurds, Jews and other religious/ethnic minorities have dramatically decreased in these regions. There is no place for non Muslims in Muslim countries and so Palestine has wanted to rid Israel since the beginning. All you hear from NGO reports, UN reports and media is Christians executed within Syria, Iraq, Libya, Iran, Yemen, Qatar and so on.

Stop it with the Backlash...and the Christians in other countries..

Tell me straight and clearly...why do you think that the Palestinians think that Israel should be made extinct?
Do you suggest they think this just because Israel is non-muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by democracyforum
there's a ceasefire

the war is over

They killed one thousand people and maimed up to six thousand people and now they're calling it a day? How infinitely charitable of them
They killed one thousand people and maimed up to six thousand people and now they're calling it a day? How infinitely charitable of them

they will pay for this, eventually. they won't get away with it. how could they ?
Original post by TSR Mustafa
#Free Palestine

#StopPuttingRocketsInSchools, #GazaGrowAPairAndFightHamasYourselves
Throughout the whole Middle East and Muslim nations across the world ethnic cleansing has taken place. Did you know UN statistic indicate over 85% of the Christian community in Iraq and Iran no longer exists. Similarly Kurds, Jews and other religious/ethnic minorities have dramatically decreased in these regions. There is no place for non Muslims in Muslim countries and so Palestine has wanted to rid Israel since the beginning. All you hear from NGO reports, UN reports and media is Christians executed within Syria, Iraq, Libya, Iran, Yemen, Qatar and so on.

Qatar executes Christians? You're funny.
Those countries you listed are currently at war and in shambles after Western military expeditions that completely broke them down.
There are democracies in the Middle East and there are Christians and Jews there. There are Christians in GAZA for heaven's sake. There are Christians and Jews in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon. Israel is a fascist state, an apartheid state, it is a state for Jews only.

In London today on the weekend I might add only 10,000 came out to protest in support for Gaza. Not much cause most people don't care too much. Plus if you look at the likes of Russia and those in the Far East the story is not really a big deal. The same can be said for Canada and USA. The mh17 flight disaster has been of more concern to the world than the pro Palestinian propaganda. Where is this international outrage apart from a small population. Don't make out most of the world is pro Palestinian because that is false propaganda right there. Yes many are upset with the civilian casualties but pro Palestinian is a far stretch
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by democracyforum
they will pay for this, eventually. they won't get away with it. how could they ?

Oh they'll get away with it all right, just like they got away with the past 3 expeditions in Gaza in which they killed the same number of people and much more. Murderers.
What is this utter nonsense?

Take what all? Israel GAVE Gaza to them.

Now the palestinians are rocketing a regional superpower and crying to the media and the UN that they are the victims - yet won't even agree to a humanitarian ceasefire for their own people?

The palestinians have just thumbed their nose at the whole world who were working on a ceasefire.

What a disgrace.

Excuse me what?
Israel GAVE them Gaza huh?
Nice
Take a whole country and then give them a little bit back
So damn generous don't you think?
They're not going to agree to a ceasefire because they'll go straight back to being oppressed
I'd like to see you sit back and watch while people control your water, food and electricity supply and prevent any kind of aid getting through
^ this is called living in a prison.
http://lawrenceofcyberia.blogs.com/photos/maps/landloss.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DK_Tipp
So you have no proof. And yet you are willing to condone firing rockets at hospitals, UN run schools and shelters and residential neighbourhoods?

I have no proof there weren't rockets but as a general rule I think opposing acts of aggression against civilians is a good idea. The fact that John Kerry, one of the key men involved in the foreign policy of Israels biggest ally facetiously called this "one hell of a pinpoint operation" in frustration says it all.

I believe rockets were fired into Israel (where from? I don't for sure). I condemn rocket fire in the first place. If we are going down this avenue of needing proof and what we believe, I could say you have no proof Israel did kill the civilians. Maybe it was Hamas with a rocket, a misfire, planted explosives, PR stunt to gain more support etc... You have as much evidence to claim 'aggression against civilians' as I do 'Hamas using civilians as human shields.' We go in circles.
In London today on the weekend I might add only 10,000 came out to protest in support for Gaza. Not much cause most people don't care too much. Plus if you look at the likes of Russia and those in the Far East the story is not really a big deal. The same can be said for Canada and USA. The mh17 flight disaster has been of more concern to the world than the pro Palestinian propaganda. Where is this international outrage apart from a small population. Don't make out most of the world is pro Palestinian because that is false propaganda right there. Yes many are upset with the civilian casualties but pro Palestinian is a far stretch

It is only fair that you are disconcerted by the overwhelming amount of support that is coming from all corners of the globe for Gaza and the same amount of condemnation for the fascist state of Israel, so much that you downplay it and act like it isn't even there.
Hundreds of thousands that could possibly amount to millions have come out in support of Palestine. Israeli propaganda no longer has the upper hand thanks to social media.
Be scared. It shows that you're losing and you are aware that you are losing.

The bitter irony is that Hamas claims to be victims of Israeli aggression - yet have rejected a humanitarian ceasefire.

Obviously it's much easier to cope with when you're living in a hotel in Qatar.

Latest

Trending

Trending