The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amphiprion
I'm assuming from your post that you are a Muslim? Are you aware that what you just said is exactly the same as when other ignorant people say "All muslims are terrorists"?

- I'm not saying "all muslims are terrorists" but you're speaking just as ignorant and bigoted as people who do.

If you'll read what I wrote again you'll see that it doesn't equate to the claim that all Muslims are terrorists or Islamists.
I said that the Jewish settlers in the West Bank are deeply racist against the Arabs and that's not saying that all Israeli Jews are the same. It is a well-known fact that the settlers Israeli gives permits to live in the West Bank are a specially aggressive sort of Jewish. It makes sense if you think, who in their right minds would want to live on illegal, occupied land? Fanatics who thinks they have a religious right to Judea and Samarea, that's who.
Again, I'm not saying that all Jews are racist, I acknowledge that there are many Jews who dislike Israel and its policies. I said that Jewish settlers in the West Bank are deeply racist against the Arabs. It's the truth. Israel arms them whilst they disarm the Arabs living in the West Bank. They are vandals and over the years they have caused much harm to Arab villages and Arab people, heck they even kill and maim Arabs and get away with it. Settler attacks against Arabs and their property as extremely common. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NMwohMhP10
why was my other thread deleted?!!!!
Original post by Roger1
I'm gonna get banned by the pro Israel mods for venting my feelings about Israel on here so I rather not say anything.

You'd be hard-pressed to say the mods are pro-Israeli. Most of this forum is pro-Palestine at the moment but, as Westerners, we are supposed to be above calling for the destruction of an entire country because of a brainwashing government. It is sad that you are unable to see that as anything more than zionism, as we are all well aware that Israel's actions are disgusting and inhumane.

Original post by TheTechN1304
If it weren't for the ignorance and stupidity of your 'Muslim brothers and sisters' they wouldn't be dying. Palestinians want to destroy Israel. They are the ones at fault. All death to their people could have been prevented had they not mercilessly been attacking Israel. What do you expect? Israel to happily not fight back?

Vice versa.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by felamuzlem
If you'll read what I wrote again you'll see that it doesn't equate to the claim that all Muslims are terrorists or Islamists.
I said that the Jewish settlers in the West Bank are deeply racist against the Arabs and that's not saying that all Israeli Jews are the same. It is a well-known fact that the settlers Israeli gives permits to live in the West Bank are a specially aggressive sort of Jewish. It makes sense if you think, who in their right minds would want to live on illegal, occupied land? Fanatics who thinks they have a religious right to Judea and Samarea, that's who.
Again, I'm not saying that all Jews are racist, I acknowledge that there are many Jews who dislike Israel and its policies. I said that Jewish settlers in the West Bank are deeply racist against the Arabs. It's the truth. Israel arms them whilst they disarm the Arabs living in the West Bank. They are vandals and over the years they have caused much harm to Arab villages and Arab people, heck they even kill and maim Arabs and get away with it. Settler attacks against Arabs and their property as extremely common. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NMwohMhP10

Fair enough. In my defense that was not clear from your initial post yano? :smile:

*I do not know an awful lot about the minority within the west bank of which you speak. So, while I understand you didn't mean what I thought you meant, I don't necessarily accept your claims about them as either true or false. Would rather find out for myself y'know? I am actually very interested in that though and will do some reading.
Original post by Pinzgauer
Then don't cry about deaths of palestinians Again, we are talking about a HUMANITARIAN truce, not a full truce. Just one that allows for civilian to seek treatment etc. Israel has not rejected a single one of these. Hamas have.
That's a lie, Israel has rejected TWO humanitarian truces. Actually this farce of a humanitarian truce is not a humanitarian truce at all as people in Gaza have decried that the IDF does not allow ambulances into all parts of the wrecked villages in spite of there being a need for ambulances everywhere. The IDF is shooting at ambulances to prevent them from going where they don't want them to do. How very humanitarian of the IDF, to kill people and then con the world into thinking they've put in force a 'humanitarian' ceasefire when it's not that at all. Israel is responsible for the deaths of Paleestinians, not Hamas.
Original post by filthy_pup
Where is the proof Israel is deliberately targeting civilians? As opposed to civilians being the unfortunate collateral damage of a strike against cowardly terrorists who make their bases in civilian areas?

If Hamas made their bases in the rural areas of Gaza, clearly marked out against civilians, there would be no civilian deaths

There is so much proof out there for those who want it that Israel targets civilians deliberately. Israel deliberately shot dead a 20 year old man looking for his family in the ruins of a building and it was caught on camera and that was during a ceasefire. A school was hit by Israel 5 times and Israel now has no excuse but to claim that it was faulty Hamas rocket fire. FIVE faulty rockets in rapid succession hit the school, is that believable?
Israel has fed the world lies about Hamas hiding amongst civilians.
Israel says it has the most precise equipment in the world and yet it has killed over a thousand people and maimed over six thousand.
Israel always has an excuse and always has people to stand up for its atrocities. Oh it's collateral damage. Oh it's the fault of the cowardly terrorists.
There will be no justice until Israel accepts full responsibility for its crimes
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pinzgauer
Then don't cry about deaths of palestinians

Again, we are talking about a HUMANITARIAN truce, not a full truce. Just one that allows for civilian to seek treatment etc.

Israel has not rejected a single one of these.

Hamas have.

Good Guy Israel.
"You have 24 hours to collect the bodies of dead people from under the rubble of the building we just bombed"
Original post by felamuzlem

Israel deliberately shot dead a 20 year old man looking for his family in the ruins of a building and it was caught on camera and that was during a ceasefire.

Actually that wasn't during a ceasefire, it was in Shaja'iya about 24 hours after one of the most intense battles of the entire conflict.

And we don't know the situation there. Besides, a mistake committed by an individual soldier doesn't amount to a matter of state policy. Try again

A school was hit by Israel 5 times and Israel now has no excuse but to claim that it was faulty Hamas rocket fire. FIVE faulty rockets in rapid succession hit the school, is that believable?

Neither you nor I know the situation with that school. It might have been hit by mistake, or it might have been deliberately targeted on the basis that it was housing Hamas terrorists and rocket launchers (and we know from UNRWA that Hamas has been storing weapons in schools).

So you're 0 for 2. Where is the proof Israel is targeting civilians as a matter of state policy?
Ladies and Gentleman here is why the world going to crash and burn because if the demonic evil minority who currently rule the world.

I'm sick of the UN AND OBAMA AND THE REST OF THE WORLD SAYING ISRAEL IS COMMITTING APPALLING ACTIONS BUT ACTUALLY DOING BUGGER ALL.

Don't worry lads Israeli people who support and were involved in this genocide will have to answer before god when they die, what will they say ??? how would you answer when the mass dead are bought before you from the gardens of heaven.
A pilot who carry's out the bombings whats he going to say to god "i was under orders" oh cause that's really going to help him.
Don't worry god has a plan to deal with the sick demonic people all over the world.
Original post by CJKay
You'd be hard-pressed to say the mods are pro-Israeli. Most of this forum is pro-Palestine at the moment but, as Westerners, we are supposed to be above calling for the destruction of an entire country because of a brainwashing government. It is sad that you are unable to see that as anything more than zionism, as we are all well aware that Israel's actions are disgusting and inhumane.

Vice versa.

I disagree
Actually that wasn't during a ceasefire, it was in Shaja'iya about 24 hours after one of the most intense battles of the entire conflict.

There was a temporary ceasefire in place for the aid workers to collect the dead bodies from the rubble.

And we don't know the situation there. Besides, a mistake committed by an individual soldier doesn't amount to a matter of state policy. Try again

A mistake by an individual soldier? Are you crazy? He wasn't shot just once or twice. He was shot repeatedly. They kept on shooting, his comrades couldn't help him out as they were afraid one of the shots might hit them.

Neither you nor I know the situation with that school. It might have been hit by mistake, or it might have been deliberately targeted on the basis that it was housing Hamas terrorists and rocket launchers (and we know from UNRWA that Hamas has been storing weapons in schools).

The UN has confirmed there were no rockets stashed in the school.
The 'situation with that school' is in fact known. It was a designated shelter whose precise location the UN had provided the IDF with more than 10 times as a precaution so that, even with their oh-so-advanced weaponry, they do not target it by mistake.
It was hit 5 times, first the playground was hit, people ran in for shelter, then the building was hit.

So you're 0 for 2. Where is the proof Israel is targeting civilians as a matter of state policy?

The proof is in the number of dead Palestinian bodies
(edited 9 years ago)

So sad, Zionists trying their hardest to justify the massacre of civilians to make themselves feel better.
Can I just say, all of you attempting desperately to justify Israel's massacre are absolutely disgusting. There is no justification for what Israeli is doing, unless you are an inhuman fanatic.

Obscene amounts of collateral damage in spite of boasting of the best, most precise, most advanced weaponry is not justification, it is an excuse that warrants suspicion.

'Cowardly terrorists caused it' is not justification, it is idle lies propagated by the IDF, for which there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever.
Original post by broscience123
So sad, Zionists trying their hardest to justify the massacre of civilians to make themselves feel better.

So sad, terrorist apologists are resorting to ad hominems because they have no arguments left.

Besides, I really don't understand why you're complaining about this. I thought you supported Hamas firing rockets against Israeli civilians. You knew exactly what the outcome would be if Hamas fired rockets against Israel, one can only conclude that you wanted this
Original post by TheTechN1304
I disagree

Choose your position:

"I..."

Support the IDF massacring 1000 Palestinian civilians because I am a moron

Support Hamas's consistent and careless objective to wipe Israel from the map because I am a moron

Support CJKay's post but am choosing to be a dick about it because I am a moron

Original post by Lil08

Well apparently the BBC are pro pali scum , and the only reliable sources of information in the eyes of our pro IDF friends are FOX and Haaretz :rolleyes:
Original post by well in the dark
There was a temporary ceasefire in place for the aid workers to collect the dead bodies from the rubble.

No, there wasn't. Show me a link demonstrating this cease fire was in place? There was no such ceasefire in place last weekend

A mistake by an individual soldier? Are you crazy? He wasn't shot just once or twice. He was shot repeatedly.

My dear boy, you seem to be confused. Whether or not the Israeli sniper made a mistake, whether or not he's a murderous criminal, that has absolutely nothing to do with it being a matter of Israeli state policy.

Where is the proof that it was ordered by the Israeli high command?

You're pathetic.
The UN has confirmed there were no rockets stashed in the school.

I'm sorry, this link is directly from the United Nations

http://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/press-releases/unrwa-condemns-placement-rockets-second-time-one-its-schools

they do not target it by mistake.

If you believe that then you're an idiot. They might have had faulty intelligence, they might have had a technical fault in their weaponry.

The Americans accidentally kill their own soldiers on a regular basis in friendly fire incidents, and you're saying they don't target by mistake? You clearly know nothing about the modern battlefield
Original post by Al-farhan
and Haaretz :rolleyes:

:lol: You realise Ha'aretz is a left-wing pro-peace publication?

If you're confusing Ha'aretz and Jpost, it's clear you don't have the first clue about this conflict
Reply 2598
I'm disappointed at how some people are reacting to this. Whichever side you're supporting you can't even voice your opinions without being called "anti-semetic" or "terrorist supporter". It seems that no one can have an opinion on this matter. A few days ago some pro-Palestine supporters went onto a football pitch during a game and targeted Israeli football players as if they have something to do with it. Jewish celebrities are getting targeted on Facebook as well, I recently went onto Bar Refaeli's page and there's a ton of hate all over. Now I'm sure the pro-Israeli's are doing the same but this behaviour is inexcusable, it makes themselves look bad and gives a bad impression over certain groups.

You're going to get extreme views from both sides whichever way you look at it. But I think the media has a habit of twisting words around. Every day I hear contradicting news from both sides, Hamas using civilians as human shields, Israeli soldiers doing the same, both sides denying it, you get pictures proving/disproving this. You can't find any middle ground here, there will always be bias and false information used as propaganda. Unfortunately it seems some people are so easily convinced these days.

No side is innocent here and actions from both sides are highly questionable. This conflict has been going for ages and I'm sick of hearing it in the news. The UN needs to put an end to it as soon as possible.
Look at you all, using facts and reason...

Like Israel cares or listens... (Or any nation, perhaps Turkey though)
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending