The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abstraction
Israel is clearly a terrorist state intent on committing genocide. It's amazing that the media even call this a war, how the **** is a co-ordinated, US-supported, armed and formidable military force killing defenseless men, women, and children a war? On what planet is this so?

"B-B-BUT HAMAS!"

If an entire nation imprisoned you and your people on a small strip of land; dropped 1000-pound iron fragmentation bombs on your family, friends, schools, hospitals and limited energy sources; took your land and water supplies, and starved your people to the point where half of the children are malnourished, and subjected you to various other incredibly heinous acts of war, would you not wish for their destruction too? Netanyahu is clearly a psychopath, and those defending Israel are getting angry about a victim scratching a rapist during an assault. Fighting is all that the Palestinians have left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you ****ing stupid? Hamas started this. Israel gave gaza back in 2005 as a sign of PEACE. Hamas has said they will or be content until Israel is eradicated.

They don't care about the death of their own Palestinian citizens. They have consistently broken attempted ceasefires and attempts by Israel to coexist. How can you have the audacity to say 'fighting is all the Palestinians have left' as if the Israelis are mercilessly trying to destroy them unprovoked. Get your facts right
(edited 9 years ago)
Israel is clearly a terrorist state intent on committing genocide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you sum up pro-palestinians.

There's just no debating with you. The only ones you can debate with are those who are more neutral.

Guaranteed without fail, every pro-palestinian just uses streams of hyperbole.
Original post by Sic semper erat

There was no blockade between 2005 and 2007. You fire rockets, and there comes a blockade. Surprised much? geez. This is the most interesting definitions of "occupation" in history, oh look the poor people are occupied without a single foreign soldier on their soil. Pathetic, its all excuses.

Israel did not blockade Gaza because of rocket attacks from Hamas. Israel had demonised Hamas before Hamas ever started firing rockets into Israel as a freely and fairly elected government of the Gazan people. Israel blockaded Gaza because Israel did not like that Gaza was being ruled by a government that would not readily bend over backwards to appease Israel.

Original post by Sic semper erat

"llegal" according to Jew haters in the UN, legal according to authoritative analysts, scholars and drafters of the Fourth Geneva Conventions itself. I'd love to see this case in a court. Two years ago the PA went to French court, and surprise surprise, French court declared Israel's control of those territories as legal. Go ahead, elaborate and tell me according to which law is it "illegal".

'Jew haters in the UN'? I think you'll find that Jews rather populate the UN in abundance rather than Muslamic Jew-haters.
According to International Law, Israel's occupation of the West Bank and its ceaseless manufacture of ultra-racist Jews onto stolen land is illegal. According to Palestinian Arabs in the West Bank, it is oppressive. According to basic human beings, it is immoral.
'Th PA went to French court'? Isn't France that same country that bans Muslim women from donning the garb of their choice? Yeah, those are the people onto whose every word you hang on to. Rather you than me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hamas only fire rockets into Israel 24/7 because their suicide bombers get a bullet in the head before they reach the border.

What youre seeing here is Israel being able to repel Hamas from killing innocent Israeli civilians, through means of defence, however they are well within their rights to a counter offensive.

This however has not always been the case. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_suicide_attacks

And people wonder why Hamas is called a Terrorist organisation :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Al-farhan
Do you have any other sources other than israeli propaganda sites?!
Channel 4? BBC? CNN? Al-Jazera? Heck even bloody fox news?!!
Pathetic.

Jerusalem Post is over 100 years old and 100 times more reliable than the BBC, Channel4 or Qatar owned Al Jazeera that supports ISIS and Hamas.

Go do some googling if you want other sources.
Original post by Pinzgauer
Jerusalem Post is over 100 years old and 100 times more reliable than the BBC, Channel4 or Qatar owned Al Jazeera that supports ISIS and Hamas.

Go do some googling if you want other sources.

:rolleyes:

it would be like using the hamas facebook posts or hamas official website articles.
Would you accept their sources?
And all other sources I have seen so far point to the JerusalemPost as initial source.
Original post by TheTechN1304
Are you ****ing stupid? Hamas started this. Israel gave gaza back in 2005 as a sign of PEACE. Hamas has said they will or be content until Israel is eradicated.

They don't care about the death of their own Palestinian citizens. They have consistently broken attempted ceasefires and attempts by Israel to coexist. How can you have the audacity to say 'fighting is all the Palestinians have left' as if the Israelis are mercilessly trying to destroy them unprovoked. Get your facts right

Stop giving me fake or exaggerated quotes about Hamas 'wanting Israel's extinction'. This is a common thing you pro-Israelis do, and yet there have been plenty of ominous promises by Netanyahu to destroy the subhuman Palestinians. Like I've said, wishing for an enemy, who's brutalising you for no good reason, to vanish off the face of the earth isn't unjustified, is it?

Rubbish, all of Israel's so-called ceasefires and "attempts to coexist (lol)" have collapsed because the conditions were simply not good enough. Exactly how do they want the land to be divided up? How come there have been no promises to cease the occupation of Gaza, remove the ridiculous blockades, and return land and water to the people who rightfully own it? Those are the minimum and just conditions that should be included in any truce, and Hamas would be foolish to accept less. There is and always has been a simple two-state solution to this conflict, but people like you, Israel and the US can only speak in the language of disproportionate violence.

I have the "audacity" to say that simply because it's true. Would you call killing 1300+ civilians in 24 days being merciful? Your jingoism has completely warped your sense of reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pinzgauer
I think you sum up pro-palestinians.

There's just no debating with you. The only ones you can debate with are those who are more neutral.

Guaranteed without fail, every pro-palestinian just uses streams of hyperbole.

Haha, get a load of this guy. I guess by "not neutral", you mean I tell it as it is? Look at the second paragraph I wrote in my previous post, and tell me what's inconsistent with being a genocidal terrorist state. Go on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, get a load of this guy. I guess by "not neutral", you mean I tell it as it is? Look at the second paragraph I wrote in my previous post, and tell.me what's inconsistent with being a genocidal terrorist state. Go on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey man, reply to my post bro.
Original post by Al-farhan
Do you have any other sources other than israeli propaganda sites?!
Channel 4? BBC? CNN? Al-Jazera? Heck even bloody fox news?!!
Pathetic.

In fairness, there have been plenty of reputable journalists, including from those sources, complaining about Hamas intimidation.
Original post by tsr1269
Which only came about as a result of mass illegal immigration and terrorism, no? .

no

Do you consider "illegal immigration" to be illegal or legal? .

i consider people applying the term 'illegal' to whatever they personally wish doesnt make it so.

Original post by tsr1269

Without resorting to whataboutery, can you clarify and confirm if there was terrorist attacks perpetrated by members of the Jewish faith prior to the creation of the State of Israel? .

i think that was
your assertion wasnt it? :s-smilie:

Original post by tsr1269

Why did you try and make it seem as if I had posted what you had in fact posted? .
i didnt , i posted it and asked you what you thought we should do about islamists causing the same problems you were complaining about.

to this point have not heard a peep out of you in answer to that.

Original post by tsr1269

Do you not understand the concept of a democracy? .

yes.. :dontknow:

Original post by tsr1269

According to your reasoning, the "majority of the civilized world" are actually funding HAMAS.

nope. in the 1970s various countries sent money to south africa to help townships - where they 'funding' apartheid south africa? Is USA funding taleban by sending aid to afganistan?

i dont think you fully understand the concept of international aid.
Original post by well in the dark

According to International Law, Israel's occupation of the West Bank and its ceaseless manufacture of ultra-racist Jews onto stolen land is illegal. According to Palestinian Arabs in the West Bank, it is oppressive. According to basic human beings, it is immoral.
'Th PA went to French court'? Isn't France that same country that bans Muslim women from donning the garb of their choice? Yeah, those are the people onto whose every word you hang on to. Rather you than me.

the french ban on face covering is neither targeted at women or muslims. It effects all face coverings (bar some required exceptions such as motorcycle helmets).

In addition for you to claim illegality one must bring up actual evidence. Just an FYI
Original post by Petrue

im glad youve simplified islamist propaganda further into cartoon form, i was getting concerned certain tsr members weres till getting confused as to what they were supposed to believe.
PS got any good Memes?
A good article that refutes popular Zionist claims about Hamas, Gaza, Israel, etc.

It is in context of America and its foreign policy re Israel-Palestine but is very relevant to all the Zionists on TSR who think they've fathomed it all when they ignore or misrepresent basic historical facts.

Spoiler

Original post by Apocrypha
Hamas only fire rockets into Israel 24/7 because their suicide bombers get a bullet in the head before they reach the border.

What youre seeing here is Israel being able to repel Hamas from killing innocent Israeli civilians, through means of defence, however they are well within their rights to a counter offensive.

This however has not always been the case. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_suicide_attacks

And people wonder why Hamas is called a Terrorist organisation :rolleyes:

I'm wary of Wikipedia as a source, do you have other sources of recent events like these? Any proof of human shields? Israel's Hasbara (propaganda team) has been worming its way into public sites, so there's no reason to absolutely believe pages which they can edit, and have a good incentive to edit.

If Hamas have really been doing most of that, well I certainly don't condone it. Hamas is indeed far from perfect, but we need to look at the bigger source of evil here. Racist terrorism against a group of people is going to stir up frustration, anger, heartbreak and feelings among victims that they have nothing to lose. It would be wrong to believe lots of people want to kill themselves just for fun. Israel is 100 times the terrorist organisation Hamas is, so they need to look at their own backyard first and fix up the mess they've created.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the human shield thing, yes there is no evidence that Hamas has force people into the line of fire directly, but they do launch rockets and what not from heavily civilized areas. If they really cared for the Palestine people they would not do this, it is just inviting more innocent deaths to happen.
I'm wary of Wikipedia as a source, do you have other sources of recent events like these? Any proof of human shields? Israel's Hasbara (propaganda team) has been worming its way into public sites, so there's no reason to absolutely believe pages which they can edit, and have a good incentive to edit.

If Hamas have really been doing most of that, well I certainly don't condone it. Hamas is indeed far from perfect, but we need to look at the bigger source of evil here. Racist terrorism against a group of people is going to stir up frustration, anger, heartbreak and feelings among victims that they have nothing to lose. It would be wrong to believe lots of people want to kill themselves just for fun. Israel is 100 times the terrorist organisation Hamas is, so they need to look at their own backyard first and fix up the mess they've created.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you refuse to accept the countless suicide bombings in Israel which Hamas and other Palestinian Terrorist organisations have claimed responsibility of because the page that says they happened is Wikipedia?

My argument is that the only reason countless Israeli innocents have not died in this conflict is down to the superior defence systems. Yet people still throw up figures of casualties and use it as an argument against Israel, its nonsense, people are forgetting the history or terror and offensives that Israel have faced and are focussing only on the most recent years.

You cannot find proof of Hamas using civilians as human shields, all we have is firing positions for Rockets, however there arent many areas in Gaza that arent populated. Thus Hamas is most likely to be firing rockets from areas populated by civilians, as all areas that arent are probably being aimed at by Israeli forces. It's the only method of attack they have, its a lose lose situation for them, they continue to do it, it is their fault.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Eh no. Peace talks broke down, then three israeli teenagers were kidnapped and murdered, believed to be by two Hamas operatives - it all escalated from there. So, Hamas started it. Or if you prefer to look at it from Operation Protective Edge, that was in response to increased rocket fire from Hamas.

The Israelis have admitted that the teens were not killed by anyone working under the command of the Hamas leadership and those who did the deed were most likely working as a lone cell.

A more detailed viewpoint:

Times of Israel: "Hamas operatives were behind a large volley of rockets which slammed into Israel Monday morning, the first time in years the Islamist group has directly challenged the Jewish state, according to Israeli defense officials.. The security sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity, assessed that Hamas had probably launched the barrage in revenge for an Israeli airstrike several hours earlier which killed one person and injured three more.. Hamas hasn't fired rockets into Israel since Operation Pillar of Defense ended in November 2012." The Nation: "During ten days of Operation Brother's Keeper in the West Bank [before the start of the Gaza conflict], Israel arrested approximately 800 Palestinians without charge or trial, killed nine civilians and raided nearly 1,300 residential, commercial and public buildings. Its military operation targeted Hamas members released during the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange in 2011."

Try not being a mug in the future. It's embarassing
Hamas rocket strike on Israel. And some people think Israel should accept this day in and day out without retaliation

Terrorist rocket strike in Israel by Hamas

Latest

Trending

Trending