The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well that is awful
Original post by nevertoo
so you support terrorism?

no but you clearly do as you seem to be supporting the real terrorists here (israel)
Reply 4882
Original post by Autistic Merit
Okay I've just searched 'Moshe Feiglin concentration camps' into Google and the only thing that comes up is this Daily Mail story as well as several copycat versions of it. No other reliable news sources are reporting this, why? Surely it would be massive news for almost all readers.

Still on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MFeiglin/posts/695450140534104
Original post by Secretnerd123
no but you clearly do as you seem to be supporting the real terrorists here (israel)

hamas are a terrorist organisation according to the UN
Original post by Autistic Merit
Okay I've just searched 'Moshe Feiglin concentration camps' into Google and the only thing that comes up is this Daily Mail story as well as several copycat versions of it. No other reliable news sources are reporting this, why? Surely it would be massive news for almost all readers.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/concentrate-and-exterminate-israel-parliament-deputy-speakers-gaza-genocide-plan

Has a link directly to the Facebook post, so you can see it straight from the devil himself:
https://www.facebook.com/MFeiglin/posts/695450140534104
Original post by MichaelYEAH
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could put what is happening in Gaza in simplistic terms.

My dad described it as basically the Israeli (who I had to then confirm were the Jews) are fighting Palestinians (The arabs) who are in a terrorist group. He said that the Israelis are trying to find and clear out the tunnels the terrorist group uses and to basically get rid of them.

BUT, I know that Israelis and Palestinians have never got on because of religious matters and I was also wondering why people mention the holocaust. In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O5zgXeCynQ
a lady mentions the holocaust and it causes a lot of drama and i'm not too sure as to why? Is she comparing what is happening in the east to the holocaust? If someone could clarify, that would be great.

A final question, is who is morally right and who is morally wrong in this conflict? Or is that a question which is far too complicated to answer in simplistic terms?

The conflict is really quite complicated, but this article explains a lot about why it started and why it is still ongoing.

While I think that both Hamas and the Israeli government are in the wrong, I mostly blame the Israeli government and IDF as they are much more powerful than Hamas and have responded with disproportionate strength, which has resulted in a large number of casualties, mainly palestinian civilians. They have repeatedly attacked non-military targets such as UN Schools and critical infrastructure in Gaza. Israel have also been blockading Gaza for many years now, which means that it is difficult to get urgent supplies into Gaza.

The IDF need to destroy the tunnels that go into Israel, but more broadly Israel needs to stop their oppression of the Palestinian people.
Reply 4886
Your dad is just repeating what he heard in the news but its actually more complicated than this. The dispute didn't start because of religious reasons it was a conflict about land. Israel didn't exist 60 or so years ago , they took over the land of the palestinians. That's how it originally started.
Today in Gaza the people there are under military occupation Israel controls everything that goes in and out food etc and the people are oppressed. Many innocent Palestinians have died. However people have become desensitised to Palestinian people dying. I suggest you do your own research to find the truth about this conflict because all western news channels are biased and its a very complicated conflict to explain simply.
After WW2 people decided the Jews needed a country. So Britain gave them someone else's and since then the Palestinians have (quite rightfully in my opinion) wanted it back. Israel oppresses the Palestinian people and stops aid entering the country. The Palestinians are pissed off with this. Israel does something **** to Palestine. Hamas fires some rockets into Israel and like 3 Israelis die then the Israeli army kills hundreds of Palestinians. Rinse and repeat. Many countries support Israel so you get biased news coverage that suggests that Israel is right when it's the oppressor. Yes, Hamas are in the wrong too but I believe Israel are more in the wrong.
Original post by becketts
A lot stems from after WW2, when the Jews were promised Palestine due to how they were treated in the holocaust. However, allegedly, the Arabs stole this land that the Jews were promised. This has sparked many conflicts, arguably including the Gaza conflict.

Who promised the land to them?
Original post by MASTER265
Do not change the topic of conversation. I told you how establishing a nation within existing one was near impossible and impractical. You reply with a response as if the birth of modern day Israel is living proof it is possible when that is no where near the case. Any academic studying political history, political sciences, economics, geography...so on can tell you that. Do you agree that you were wrong in saying it was easy? Answer this because I am curious whether or not you have any education in this field.

Did I say it was "easy"? Perhaps you could refresh my memory.

You are placing obstacles in the path. Saying it is too difficult and saying I haven't considered xxxx.

All I'm saying is that if it wanted to be done, it could be done. I gave the example of Uganda trying to portray the fact that Israel is only where it is now due to the insistence of the Zionists.

The underlying issue in this conflict is the fact that Israel was created where it is now. Do you honestly think that anyone would have a problem with the immigrants of Israel if they ended up in some backwater muddy ditch in Africa? Do you honestly think the Arabs would give a crap if the illegal immigrants had situated themselves in other European countries?

Of course not...
Original post by broscience123
Watch this short non-biased video from Jewish Voice For Peace for a quick introduction to the conflict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y58njT2oXfE

In a nutshell for this current round of fighting what happened was:

About 8 Palestinians were killed by Israel this year before the fighting (e.g. http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/may/20/cctv-footage-palestinian-teenagers-shot-dead-video) but they are Palestinians so the world doesnt care.

3 Israeli teenagers got kidnapped. Israel accused Hamas (This was later proven to be false)

Israel retaliated by kidnapping 600 Palestinians, killing 6 of them, then bombing Palestinian targets.

This got Hamas angry, so they responded with rocket attacks

Israel proceeded to kill 1800+ Palestinians and counting.

Also a sub story: Israel claimed a British IDF soldier got kidnapped recently, so they killed a few hundred more Palestinians. This claim was later proved to be false and it turned out the IDF soldier got killed by Israeli Shelling.

Zionists tend to think the current conflict starts with rockets. Which it doesnt.
They also forget to mention that they have been stealing land off the Palestinians and oppressing them for the past 60 years.
The tunnels are just a side story to commit massacres. E.g. Egypt recently destroyed 1370 tunnels but they didn't need to kill over 1000+ civillians to accomplish this. http://www.timesofisrael.com/egypt-destroys-1370-gaza-smuggling-tunnels/

Also this thread will probably get merged into the main sticky, so watch out because it is filled with Zionists who twist the truth.

You are being very dishonest and manipulative, OP what you see above leaves out context, it matters. The context in which the 8 Palestinians were killed was not one of a surprise attack and kidnapping through military infrastructure (tunnels) that had been in the works over recent years.

The reason why Israel is conducting military operations in Gaza stems from the kidnapping and killing of three Israeli civilians through the use of Hamas sponsored and built tunnels, which Hamas uses to raid Israel.

As for the civilian casualties, deeply regrettable, but Hamas is largely to blame. Hamas stores weapons weapons in densely populated areas and is using civilians as meat shields, which is a great propaganda tool as the civilian death toll rising helps to gather support from you and your ilk for the actions of Hamas, a terrorist organization who have explicitly stated heir intentions for a genocide of the jewish people.
Original post by n00
Seriously? Try following the thread.

You know you could just admit that you aren't actually going to make a clear amount of coherence.
Original post by becketts
A lot stems from after WW2, when the Jews were promised Palestine due to how they were treated in the holocaust. However, allegedly, the Arabs stole this land that the Jews were promised. This has sparked many conflicts, arguably including the Gaza conflict.

"The Arabs stole this land that the Jews were promised"!! You should learn some history to clarify some wrong ideas ... The Zionists took the Palestine land as an exchange in the world war!! and they lived there and became their owners and they pretend having the right to do whatever they are doing with palestinians!! Just imagine if this was happening with your country, what would you do then?
Original post by B2 Spirit
If palestinians were suffering so much, don't you think they would ceasefire when Israel has?

But it's a unilateral ceasefire. Regardless of what the Palestinians do, Israel should stand by it's own ceasefire and not break it...

Why would they be wanting to provoke retaliation?

I'm guessing you don't know what a unilateral ceasefire is.

Could it be they're the instigators?

Yes, because they really illegally immigrated to Palestine and committed terrorist acts in order to get their own state.

Oh wait!
Original post by Palewolfe
Hi there,

From what I can understand from news broadcasts such as RT news is that the Israeli radicalism are basically performing genocide against the Palestinians.

The prime minister of Israel when asked why he was attacking Palestinians he replied because he was removing the threat of terrorism. However when the interviewer asked how a new born baby only hours old or the young toddlers and their mothers are "terriorists" he relied in all seriousness that they were "vermin" that needed to be eradicated from the world.

Although many of the politicians are all for this war, when many civilians or upper class Israelis were asked how they felt about it - their reply basically stated they were ashamed with what their government were doing and wanted it to end.

Like all civil disturbances along these lines it is only a handful of radicals who are attempting to cause such destruction.

I hope this helps with your queries.

Are you a troll, you do realize that RT is bankrolled by the Kremlin and has a long history of churning out blatant Russian propaganda, it is in the pocket of the Russian state, it receives all its money from the Kremlin and many high profile RT journalists have quit due to the Kremlins coercion of their reporting.
Its an extremely complicated issue, and people who are just saying that it's Israel vs. the terrorist don't understand it fully.

Hamas and Israel are both in the wrong, but both sides have committed atrocities. There is no doubt, however, that Israel is in the bigger power in this conflict, and they continue to bomb UN-sponsored shelters and schools for no good reason.
Nobody really is sure, the Israelis are killing Palestinians while Hamas attempts to kill Israelis and the world only cares because news agencies are getting pictures of civilians being killed. Honestly this site is as bad as any other because it is quite deeply divided between pro Israel and Pro Palestine groups. That's my take, anyway.
Original post by Pussy Galore
Are you a troll, you do realize that RT is bankrolled by the Kremlin and has a long history of churning out blatant Russian propaganda, it is in the pocket of the Russian state, it receives all its money from the Kremlin and many high profile RT journalists have quit due to the Kremlins coercion of their reporting.

No I am not a troll, I watch various news channels and RT was just an example of a channel. And my post was only my view from what I have understood on the conflicts
Reply 4898
Original post by TSA
Who promised the land to them?

Britain gave them the land, I think Palestine was under British rule at the time
Original post by Palewolfe
No I am not a troll, I watch various news channels and RT was just an example of a channel. And my post was only my view from what I have understood on the conflicts

I do watch RT, but only to laugh, RT is as bad as fox news, instead of being an American nationalist news outlet it is a Russian nationalist news outlet, look at the coverage on UKraine, today all they are reporting is that a small number of Ukrainian soldiers have defected to Russia, nothing about MH17 at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending