The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

From what I'm aware of this genocide that started about a month ago started because of the 3 Israelies that were kidnapped and murdered. Israel's government blamed Hamas but a couple of days ago I read in an article that Hamas had nothing to do with the kidnapping and murders of the 3 teens. It was a random crime that was committed by some random Palestinian. At the same time when they were killed Israel had no evidence that Hamas killed those 3 teens.
So what Israel decides to do is bomb the Palestine. Now before I go on any further when the twin towers were bombed it was labelled as a "terrorist act". What the Israelies are doing right now is no different, they are terrorist, in fact Israel has been labelled as a terrorist state a few times now by some politicians. Also don't justify the bombings as "Self Defence" because Israel has killed a dozen times more than than Hamas has.
Let's look at the figures Israel has killed over 1700+ people mostly civilians, a few thousands injured. Now let's look at how many Israelies have died. To be exact 66 Israelies have died and apparently 60 were soldiers.

All the Israel has been doing is blaming Hamas for firing rockets, which really didn't kill a no where near as many as Israel soldiers and air missiles have.
At this point who is "Killing" and who is "Defending . At the end of the day no-one can deny the fact that it's a one way slaughter, at this point can you even blame Hamas for firing rockets that won't do any damage anyway.

Thats what I think, feel free to comment, sorry for my bad English.

#freepalestine
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mxcvii
From what I'm aware of this genocide that started about a month ago started because of the 3 Israelies that were kidnapped and murdered. Israel's government blamed Hamas but a couple of days ago I read in an article that Hamas had nothing to do with the kidnapping and murders of the 3 teens. It was a random crime that was committed by some random Palestinian. At the same time when they were killed Israel had no evidence that Hamas killed those 3 teens.
So what Israel decides to do is bomb the Palestine. Now before I go on any further when the twin towers were bombed it was labelled as a "terrorist act". What the Israelies are doing right now is no different, they are terrorist, in fact Israel has been labelled as a terrorist state a few times now by some politicians. Also don't justify the bombings as "Self Defence" because Israel has killed a dozen times more than than Hamas has.
Let's look at the figures Israel has killed over 1700+ people mostly civilians, a few thousands injured. Now let's look at how many Israelies have died. To be exact 66 Israelies have died and apparently 60 were soldiers.

All the Israel has been doing is blaming Hamas for firing rockets, which really didn't kill a no where near as many as Israel soldiers and air missiles have.
At this point who is "Killing" and who is "Defending . At the end of the day no-one can deny the fact that it's a one way slaughter, at this point can you even blame Hamas for firing rockets that won't do any damage anyway.

#freepalestine

The rockets aren't doing damage because the US is spending over $220 million dollars to support iron dome defense system. Hardly sustainable, and therefore Israel must take out the Hamas attack as soon as possible, and collateral damage maybe necessary.

If Hamas stop firing the rockets, Israel will stop killing the Palestine civilians. So if Hamas really cares about the civilians of Palestine, they will stop firing, otherwise they must bear the foreseeable consequences of their actions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mxcvii

#freepalestine

And if Hamas rockets cause no harm, why is Hamas wasting it's funding on buying these rockets when they could use their funding for more useful things? It's like someone on benefits who spends their money on useless luxuries.
Original post by mxcvii

#freepalestine

Finally, so what if the people from Israel who were killed were soldiers. Are the lives of soldiers worth less? You know that conscription is mandatory in Israel don't you?
mass genocide, watch the NaZionists trying to justify child murder
Original post by Doctor_Einstein
And if Hamas rockets cause no harm, why is Hamas wasting it's funding on buying these rockets when they could use their funding for more useful things? It's like someone on benefits who spends their money on useless luxuries.

Boy i wonder how the history or world would be different if people like your participated in the american revolution or Vietnam war
100% of hamas as civilians. They are a terrorist paramilitary group no different than the IRA. If you didn't agree with the IRA you surely can't agree with hamas.
Original post by James222
Boy i wonder how the history or world would be different if people like your participated in the american revolution or Vietnam war

What do you mean?
If it is an attempt at mass genocide then Israel are doing a pretty bad job given the immense firepower they have at their disposal, and the fact they have now pulled out after "only" killing 1,700 out of 4 million.

Also to one of your other points, the reason that the Israeli casualty rate isn't as high as the Palestinian one isn't from a lack of trying on the part of the Palestinians (they would clearly love every one of their rockets to find a target and ultimately kill thousands of jews), it's because the Israeli government ploughs its resources into building bomb shelters, early warning systems, the iron dome defence system and the like (I.e, protecting its people) whereas Hamas pours all its resources into building tunnels to attack Israel.
(edited 9 years ago)
Please read the following statement carefully:

Every Jew wishes that the Nazi Holocaust had been even remotely like Israel's "genocide" of the Palestinians.

I imagine that the victims of the Rwanda genocide also wish that their genocide had been like that of the Palestinians.

For those not getting it. The point is that Israel's conflict with the Palestinians has claimed the lives of 22,000 on both sides since 1948. If that is a "genocide" then we need a new word for what happened in the Holocaust and Rwanda (among other places).
Original post by UniOfLife
Please read the following statement carefully:

Every Jew wishes that the Nazi Holocaust had been even remotely like Israel's "genocide" of the Palestinians.

I imagine that the victims of the Rwanda genocide also wish that their genocide had been like that of the Palestinians.

For those not getting it. The point is that Israel's conflict with the Palestinians has claimed the lives of 22,000 on both sides since 1948. If that is a "genocide" then we need a new word for what happened in the Holocaust and Rwanda (among other places).

Quite often people seem to forget that buzzwords like "genocide" even have a accepted definition - I've also seen this phenomenon on threads dealing with what the OP's of those threads called "white genocide". Anyway, the definition of "genocide" is "the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular nation or ethnic group". Israel has now killed a large group of people, most of whom are Palestinian, so that qualifies as a genocide. 22,000 is a large group of people! It is made no smaller by the fact that there have, in history, been larger genocides.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Quite often people seem to forget that buzzwords like "genocide" even have a accepted definition - I've also seen this phenomenon on threads dealing with what the OP's of those threads called "white genocide". Anyway, the definition of "genocide" is "the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular nation or ethnic group". Israel has now killed a large group of people, most of whom are Palestinian, so that qualifies as a genocide. 22,000 is a large group of people! It is made no smaller by the fact that there have, in history, been larger genocides.

In that case there are dozens of genocides going on right now around the world. And Britain committed two in this century - one in Afghanistan and one in Iraq. Do you agree?

In fact, every war between two different ethnic or national groups would be a genocide. That's pretty stupid and I suspect you know it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mxcvii

#freepalestine

I wouldn't say mass genocide, but their is definitely ethnic cleansing going on.
I've noticed there are both pro-Israeli and pro-Palestinian supporters on this thread (so will be good to get opinions from both sides). Now being "pro" one side isn't necessarily bad, but often when you support something blindly without recognising your own faults, your ability to critique can be impaired.

What do you guys think on the below, especially those who are 'pro-Israel'.

- If you were living under the blockade in Gaza and found diplomacy wasn't working in terms of lifting the blockade, how would you react? How much can you endure before you start to take desperate action?

- Defining a terrorist is largely influenced by perspective. What one deems a terrorist is someone else's freedom fighter. Now most of the western world recognises Hamas as a terrorist organisation, which gives Israel the "right" to attack it, which is fair enough. Now how do you think the people/governments who view Israel as a terrorist nation should react? Do they have the right to attack it (based on the above rationale)?

- And thirdly, what are your thoughts on the settlements in the West Bank. There is international consensus that they are illegal. How would you deal with this element?

Please for the sake of a positive argument, answer honestly. I would appreciate your views. Also apologies in advance if some of this has already been discussed, I haven't followed the thread in its entirety.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony

It really depends how large you think ''large'' is. 22,000 deaths over 66 years, while tragic, doesn't seem even remotely large when you consider that over 500,000 people (with estimates up to 1,000,000 people) were killed in 100 days during the Rwandan genocide.

Of course it should go without saying that any conflict which causes death is terrible, but I think you'd be seriously undermining the meaning of the term ''genocide'' if you use it in this (or similar) situations.
Watch

Norman finkelstein on Gaza conflict, Hamas goals and Iron Dome myth

On RT

On YouTube.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jakehoward1
I've noticed there are both pro-Israeli and pro-Palestinian supporters on this thread (so will be good to get opinions from both sides). Now being "pro" one side isn't necessarily bad, but often when you support something blindly without recognising your own faults, your ability to critique can be impaired.

What do you guys think on the below, especially those who are 'pro-Israel'.

- If you were living under the blockade in Gaza and found diplomacy wasn't working in terms of lifting the blockade, how would you react? How much can you endure before you start to take desperate action?

- Defining a terrorist is largely influenced by perspective. What one deems a terrorist is someone else's freedom fighter. Now most of the western world recognises Hamas as a terrorist organisation, which gives Israel the "right" to attack it, which is fair enough. Now how do you think the people/governments who view Israel as a terrorist nation should react? Do they have the right to attack it (based on the above rationale)?

- And thirdly, what are your thoughts on the settlements in the West Bank. There is international consensus that they are illegal. How would you deal with this element?

Please for the sake of a positive argument, answer honestly. I would appreciate your views. Also apologies in advance if some of this has already been discussed, I haven't followed the thread in its entirety.

I have written a link above...it answers most of your questions.
Original post by Incubator
I wouldn't say mass genocide, but their is definitely ethnic cleansing going on.

I must have missed that. Where has Israel been shipping people from Gaza?

Oh, that's right. They haven't been. So no genocide and no ethnic cleansing.
self defence against a terrorist organisation hell bent on aiming at civilians (Hamas).
Reply 5079
Original post by Bill_Gates
self defence against a terrorist organisation hell bent on aiming at civilians (Hamas).

Weren't you calling for genocide in that other thread?

Latest

Trending

Trending