The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n00
Weren't you calling for genocide in that other thread?

Nope, making stuff up are we?

Well either way, most the international community that matters i.e USA, UK, India etc are behind Israel 100% and that's all that matters. Not one section of society which is at the bottom end anyway.
Reply 5081
Original post by Bill_Gates
Nope, making stuff up are we?

Nope, Here you go.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2767032&p=49054596

right that doesn't say anything? anyway as i was saying:

most the international community that matters i.e USA, UK, India etc are behind Israel 100% and that's all that matters. Not one section of society which is at the bottom end anyway.
Reply 5083
right that doesn't say anything? anyway as i was saying:

Sure it does, you were claiming that Moshe Feiglins plan for genocide was moral and justifiable .
Original post by n00
Sure it does, you were claiming that Moshe Feiglins plan for genocide was moral and justifiable .

Not really. I said the use of detention centres for extremists is a plausible approach. But i do like your threads and how you like to create sympathy for "Palestine" or whatever failed state you are trying to raise awareness for.

But shock horror most of us, the ones that actually matter read books and know the story behind Israel and why its so important to progress. So if you want to follow a backward ideology you will face consequences.
Reply 5085
Not really.
Really, it's right there in that thread.

But i do like your threads
:blush:

But shock horror most of us, the ones that actually matter read books and know the story behind Israel and why its so important to progress..

The type of books that talk about Israel carrying out Gods work?

So if you want to follow a backward ideology you will face consequences.

Ah well it's a good job i don't follow a backward ideology then cos that sounds really scary.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Quite often people seem to forget that buzzwords like "genocide" even have a accepted definition - I've also seen this phenomenon on threads dealing with what the OP's of those threads called "white genocide". Anyway, the definition of "genocide" is "the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular nation or ethnic group". Israel has now killed a large group of people, most of whom are Palestinian, so that qualifies as a genocide. 22,000 is a large group of people! It is made no smaller by the fact that there have, in history, been larger genocides.

Britain killed 50,000 French civilians by bombing in WWII - is Britain guilty of genocide against France?!

I can see a reasonable argument - not necessarily a correct one, but one worth taking seriously - that Israel's actions aren't defensive. Believing that they are committing genocide is simply delusional.
Of course they are defending, it must get really difficult trying to watch TV in your upper class Israeli home while listening to the sound of the Iron Dome intercepting firecrackers. They have every right to carpet bomb hospitals and UN schools
UHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nobody who is worth taking seriously should be on a 'side' in this conflict. Clearly Israel's response is disproportionate and their use of force excessive, but from the perspective of people living there what they are infact doing is attacking the people who continuously lob rockets into their country, which I can imagine is I were an Israeli being something I would kind of want.

Nobody is morally correct here, but neither side is evil (well, Hamas is maybe evil, but Hamas is not the Palestinian people).
Original post by n00
Really, it's right there in that thread.

:blush:

The type of books that talk about Israel carrying out Gods work?

Ah well it's a good job i don't follow a backward ideology then cos that sounds really scary.

Did not say you do but maybe you do? However the ones that do are facing the correct retribution.
Anyone with a right mind would disagree with what Israel is doing. There's no justification in my opinion.
Reply 5092
Original post by Reem29
Anyone with a right mind would disagree with what Israel is doing. There's no justification in my opinion.

Their aims are reasonable, but war is about conduct as well.
If Israel were anything like Nazi Germany and Israel's actions anything like the Holocaust, there would not be a single Palestinian left.
Reply 5094
Original post by yo radical one
If Israel were anything like Nazi Germany and Israel's actions anything like the Holocaust, there would not be a single Palestinian left.

Exactly, genocide implies systematic and intentional mass murder. This is a case of high (disproportionate) levels of collateral that are inevitable with the population density of Gaza.
Where do you people get your news from and what websites do you look at in reference to this conflict?
Original post by mxcvii
From what I'm aware of this genocide that started about a month ago started because of the 3 Israelies that were kidnapped and murdered. Israel's government blamed Hamas but a couple of days ago I read in an article that Hamas had nothing to do with the kidnapping and murders of the 3 teens. It was a random crime that was committed by some random Palestinian. At the same time when they were killed Israel had no evidence that Hamas killed those 3 teens.
So what Israel decides to do is bomb the Palestine. Now before I go on any further when the twin towers were bombed it was labelled as a "terrorist act". What the Israelies are doing right now is no different, they are terrorist, in fact Israel has been labelled as a terrorist state a few times now by some politicians. Also don't justify the bombings as "Self Defence" because Israel has killed a dozen times more than than Hamas has.
Let's look at the figures Israel has killed over 1700+ people mostly civilians, a few thousands injured. Now let's look at how many Israelies have died. To be exact 66 Israelies have died and apparently 60 were soldiers.

All the Israel has been doing is blaming Hamas for firing rockets, which really didn't kill a no where near as many as Israel soldiers and air missiles have.
At this point who is "Killing" and who is "Defending . At the end of the day no-one can deny the fact that it's a one way slaughter, at this point can you even blame Hamas for firing rockets that won't do any damage anyway.

Thats what I think, feel free to comment, sorry for my bad English.

#freepalestine

Its mass murder of Gaza's civillians! :eek::angry: Gaza doesn't even have a proper army and are trapped inside their own country so can't escape ANYWHERE, the Israeli's KNOW this and are blaming their attacks on the fact that they are telling the Palestinians to flee and escape so they can get away with the murder! The media is mainly Americanized so is extremely biased, no wonder people think its Palestine's fault :mad: I hope Palestine will be free, what is going on right now is absolutely disgusting!! We are all human, and what the Israelis are doing is not human at all. The Palestinians have only killed like literally 34 israeli soldiers in defence compared to the thousands killed by Israel.

WE NEED TO RAISE AWARENESS OF THE TRUTH THAT IS GOING ON, WHICH IS THAT THIS IS THE MASS GENOCIDE OF GAZA'S INNOCENT PEOPLE!

#FreePalestine
Original post by RoyalBlue7
The Torah is much the OT?

The Torah is the first 5 books of the Tanakh (Old Testament).

The Zionists obey the Torah.

There are Zionists who do not believe that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Messiah (Christ/Anointed King) and who do seem to follow more the harshness of the Torah instead of Yeshua's command to love enemies.

The Zionists, for example, are possibly not impressed that Jesus Christ did not fight the Romans in order to rescue his nation of Israel from their enemies (the Romans at that time).

You say God allowed genocide in the OT.

You see the link to the current Zionists itching for power in Israel?

I do see the link between current Zionists and the Tanakh. I believe that David was one of the first Zionists. He is the Jewish leader by the way who captured Jerusalem from the Jebusites. The current Zionists, regardless of what they believe concerning God, have followed in King David's footsteps in many ways. However, those who have not accepted Yeshua (Jesus) as the Messiah (Anointed King) do not understand that Yeshua fulfilled/completed much of the Law and the Prophets.

Through Yeshua, God gives a new covenant, one based on love.

You understand why I stand for Hamas even though they are broken, ill-disciplined and cannot help themselves?

I don't understand why you stand for Hamas, since Hamas is a violent group. If Hamas were not a violent group but rather were for nonviolence, like Martin Luther King Jr., I would understand why people would stand for them. Violence however just begets more violence. :frown:

. Personally, I stand for all the people in the Middle East: both the Palestinians and the people of Israel. What they need is to love each other and respect each other in spite of their differences. Killing or trying to kill each other is not what they need.
So if you can tolerate "genocides" of the OT why can't you tolerate the lesser Jihad against oppression and Jihad for conquest in a righteous way as in the Quran?

I do not tolerate the genocides of the OT. Rather, I see them as a state of the immaturity of the people of the past.

Yeshua (Jesus Christ) taught people to love their enemies (Matthew 5:44; Luke 6:27-37), which is a huge step to maturity in people. The Qur'an and Muhammad's followers (Jihadists) are after Jesus Christ's teachings and are actually regressing into immaturity, same as the Crusaders after them. Both Muhammad and the Crusaders disobeyed Jesus Christ's teachings to love their enemies. This shows marked immaturity and regression, instead of maturity and progression.

Because Jesus change the rules?

Jesus did not change the rules but rather delved deeper into the heart of the matter. Before Jesus' teachings, people had an elementary understanding. Jesus' teachings led to a deeper understanding of who God is and what God wants for His creation. God does not want His creation to live in cycles of hatred and revenge, but rather to live in true peace and love.

Now can't you see the hypocrisy. If you lived as a follower of Moses won't you be going about preaching genocide? Deny it?

I am a follower of Yeshua/Jesus Christ. Yeshua/Jesus Christ, a Jewish man who lived in the nation of Israel/Judea, preached love, even to enemies. Yeshua/Jesus Christ did not kill anybody, but rather was killed. Instead of hating his enemies, he forgave them even while he was being tortured by them. God rose him from the dead, and someday he is returning as King.

Since I am not a follower of Moses, who lived a long time ago in a time when people did not know as much as they know today, it is important for me to concentrate on the present and on who I do follow: Jesus Christ.
No that's a dangerous thing to say. What you're saying is people should have been evolved and civilized to make love triumph over violence. That was what Inzamam99 pponyrd out. Now do you agree? That love can beat violence only when the people are civilised enough?

Well, that is a very interesting and thought-provoking point, about how only civilized people can beat violence through love. That just goes to show that a part of maturity is learning how to resolve conflict without violence. So, learning to love and resolve conflict in peaceful/loving ways is an important step in growing civilization.

You know, without violence against Hitler the Jews would have been massacred to a greater degree, and he would still be in power.

If Hitler had been challenged by more of the German people, he would never have had the power to kill Jewish people and other people who disagreed with him. Sadly, violence became a necessary evil when the German people failed by allowing Hitler to have power.

Do you deny that violence is always unacceptable in today's world? That through love etc the Nazis would have been won over?

That's a good point. Love would have made Nazism disappear in its beginning stages, but the lack of love actually fed Nazism. Nazism is fed with hatred. So, if people who were attracted to Nazism had instead been taught to love, Nazism would not exist.

In today's world too there are barbarians worse or equal to the Pharaoh of Moses. You'll be the one immature to deny that.

There is no need for personal attacks. I am not personally attacking you.

Yes there are barbarians worse or equal to Pharaoh of Moses. By the way, Moses did not use violence against Pharoah. Rather, he simply trusted in God and did what God told him to do. God didn't tell the Children of Israel to fight Pharoah. Rather, God fought Pharoah through the plagues and also through the waters of the Red Sea drowning his warriors.

Latest

Trending

Trending