Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are People Who Use Contraception More Likely To Cheat? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If you think everyone cheats regardless put that thought to the side for one moment.

I came up with a theory a while back and was curious what people on here would make of it.

If men and women are designed to find a mate and impregnate their partner/be impregnated by their partner then surely something must trigger in are mind when we keep having sex with our partners and pregnancy never occurs.

as much as we prefer to avoid pregnancy so we can have casual sex. i wonder if it puts the caveman/women part of our brain off our partner as seeing them as unfit to breed with.

so while we want to be with our partners because we care about them maybe mother nature is urging us to try a plan b on the side?

what you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it. A more convincing idea is that contraception makes cheating easier to get away with. But I'd still be sceptical about how much that influences someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lerjj)
    Doubt it. A more convincing idea is that contraception makes cheating easier to get away with. But I'd still be sceptical about how much that influences someone.
    Fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    this doesn't make sense

ReputationRep:
    I understand your point. But, personally, I do not think so. It is a safety procedure to stop pregnancy, perhaps the couple do not want children for certain reasons. Using contraception does not make one more inclined to cheat, it is normally used to stop pregnancy, whether that be casual sex or a martial marriage.

In addition, it also stops sexual transmitted diseases.

ReputationRep:
    Your point is a misnomer. Not for what you rationalize, but the vehicle of which you rationalize it through.

It may lead to more of a correlation, between those who use contraception and cheating, but it's not causal.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.