Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Halfords Interview Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a Halfords interview on Wednesday I am desperate for this job so need as much help as I can get, I have a 1:1 interview, then have to sell an item to the manger, then a road test which involves working on the shop floor for a while.

Does anyone know what sorts of things i will be asked and how to go about selling an item as I am really nervous about this part!!

Any help will be massssively appreciated!

Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lestar)
    I have a Halfords interview on Wednesday I am desperate for this job so need as much help as I can get, I have a 1:1 interview, then have to sell an item to the manger, then a road test which involves working on the shop floor for a while.

Does anyone know what sorts of things i will be asked and how to go about selling an item as I am really nervous about this part!!

Thanksss
    Don't know what questions you will be asked, these normally change/vary year on year and by store. I would assume it will be based around basic engineering, though.

However, as for selling an item, it's not as difficult as you think. It will require some quick thinking on your part, to analyse what you need to sell and how you'll sell it. Normally, they'll give you a minute to analyse it, and then expect a few sentences afterwards. For example, I sell shoes/running trainers/football boots in my job, and so I have to effectively "sell" the product based on what it is the customer is after. Now if a customer was looking for a running trainer, I'd say:

personally, I'd recommend "product X". It's got enhanced breathability due to the fine mesh on the upper, a TPU shank plate in the mid-sole for added stability so you don't roll over on your ankles when you run, and a great cushioning system that's better than "product Y" and is almost like-for-like to "product Z". Pound for pound the best value for money running trainer on the market.

Admittedly, that comes with three years in the job and added research - not everyone who I work with can go into that much detail. But I'm sure the interviewees will make sure you pick up on the important parts. Just mentioning things like "cushioning", "breathability", "stability" etc. will gain you good marks. Of course, you're not expected to know the item inside out, but basically they don't want you to state anything bad about the item. Obviously it'll be in more of an engineering context, so even if you state the specifications of "Alan Key X" and "Shrader Valve Y" it'll give you a couple of additional marks.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lestar)

Thanksss
    Hey mate, I've also got this same exact interview next week.

Just wanted to ask how yours went and what you had to do for each criteria and what they asked of you.

If you could get back to me that will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.