Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why didn't Brasil use Pato, Robinho, Damanio, Kaka? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So why the Heck did Brasil, use the WORLD Class Fred and Jo?

Why didnt they use
    Pato?
    Robinho? - Played for AC Millan come on hes better then FRED
    Damanio < Heard spurs were gona buy him for 15-20m!
    Kaka < Even Kaka in strike would have been better?
    That Fat kid on the beach? Even he would have been better than Jo :P

Why not put Hulk as the main striker and Willan on the right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpmekid)

Why didnt they use
    Pato?

Fred was fantastic at the confederations cup so Scolari had understandable faith in him. Robinho has been terrible for years and Pato's injuries have really worsened him ( I don't care about his pace/ rating on FIFA). Damiao looked great at the olympics but I don't know how he's been playing since then but he probably could've been a better option than Jo
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Pato - past it
    Kaka - past it
    Robinho - past it

If anyone should be annoyed at missing out it's Miranda, Marquinhos, Rafinha, Filipe Luis, Coutinho, Fernando & Lucas Moura.

ReputationRep:
    you're also forgetting one of the best dribblers, Ronaldinho. Maybe older than the others, but he's was worthy to be on the Brazilian team.

ReputationRep:
    I think on an overall basis, there was a lack of experienced players in Brazil. Putting the entire nation's hopes on a 22 year old, who is really good no doubt, but you need someone with experience in the team. There is nothing wrong with having young players, but some level of experience is crucial.

That's where Germany did so much better. Ranging from the experienced players like Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Lahm, Podolski, Klose, and Mertesacker to more younger players such as Gotze, Hummels, Khedira, Ozil, Schurrle. That mix is necessary to do well at the world's top to succeed.

ReputationRep:
    Lima is the best brazilian striker at the moment in my opinion but never even gets mentioned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpmekid)

Why didnt they use
    Pato?

Pato and Kaká's careers have been hampened by multiple injuries, not to mention the fact that Kaká is getting on a bit as well. Robinho is no longer as good as he used to be: he sometimes doesn't even make an average A.C. Milan team and Damião is not as good as he was supposed to be.

(Original post by Joshale)
    you're also forgetting one of the best dribblers, Ronaldinho. Maybe older than the others, but he's was worthy to be on the Brazilian team.
    Ronaldinho is absolutely terrible now, he's lost his touch, pace and is a very lazy player.

(Original post by muffingg)
    I think on an overall basis, there was a lack of experienced players in Brazil. Putting the entire nation's hopes on a 22 year old, who is really good no doubt, but you need someone with experience in the team. There is nothing wrong with having young players, but some level of experience is crucial.

That's where Germany did so much better. Ranging from the experienced players like Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Lahm, Podolski, Klose, and Mertesacker to more younger players such as Gotze, Hummels, Khedira, Ozil, Schurrle. That mix is necessary to do well at the world's top to succeed.
    César, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva and Fred are very experienced players; David Luiz, Fernandinho, Paulinho, Luiz Gustavo and Hulk are also fairly experienced, so I don't think it's experience which is the problem: it's the general lack of talent in this Brazil side, in my opinion. And Kroos isn't experienced at the international level at all, despite his composure and maturity on the field.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procrastin8R)
    Pato and Kaká's careers have been hampened by multiple injuries, not to mention the fact that Kaká is getting on a bit as well. Robinho is no longer as good as he used to be: he sometimes doesn't even make an average A.C. Milan team and Damião is not as good as he was supposed to be.

Ronaldinho is absolutely terrible now, he's lost his touch, pace and is a very lazy player.

César, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva and Fred are very experienced players; David Luiz, Fernandinho, Paulinho, Luiz Gustavo and Hulk are also fairly experienced, so I don't think it's experience which is the problem: it's the general lack of talent in this Brazil side, in my opinion. And Kroos isn't experienced at the international level at all, despite his composure and maturity on the field.
    I don't know why I wrote Kroos. That was a mistake.

And please. How is Fred experienced in the national team? He's only played 40 matches, of which 20 were in the last 18 months. And Silva is also not really experienced when you compare it to the likes of the Germans I've mentioned. The only experienced ones are really Dani Alves and Cesar. Nobody has even got 50 matches from the others except Maicon, who hardly played. Now compare that to Schweinsteiger (108), Podolski (116), Klose (137), Mertesacker (104), Lahm (113). That's what you call experience, which the likes of Ronaldinho (97), Robinho (92), or Kaka (87), could've brought.

ReputationRep:

And please. How is Fred experienced in the national team? He's only played 40 matches, of which 20 were in the last 18 months. And Silva is also not really experienced when you compare it to the likes of the Germans I've mentioned. The only experienced ones are really Dani Alves and Cesar. Nobody has even got 50 matches from the others except Maicon, who hardly played. Now compare that to Schweinsteiger (108), Podolski (116), Klose (137), Mertesacker (104), Lahm (113). That's what you call experience, which the likes of Ronaldinho (97), Robinho (92), or Kaka (87), could've brought.
    Fred has been playing for the Brazil team since 2005 and is 30 years old. It depends on how you define experience, but I think that makes him pretty experienced. Perhaps the likes of Ronaldinho, Robinho and Kaká could've lifted the squad, but Ronaldinho and Robinho do not have much positive influence: they are generally uninspirational players who are not professional, unlike the German veterans you've listed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procrastin8R)
    Fred has been playing for the Brazil team since 2005 and is 30 years old. It depends on how you define experience, but I think that makes him pretty experienced. Perhaps the likes of Ronaldinho, Robinho and Kaká could've lifted the squad, but Ronaldinho and Robinho do not have much positive influence: they are generally uninspirational players who are not professional, unlike the German veterans you've listed.
    Yes, Fred is old and has been playing for the National side for long, but if you look at the matches he has played, he never really played in crucial matches, neither was he ever a crucial part of the team. Now, similarly, Germany has had Gomez, who is 29 and has been playing for Germany since 2007 with more matches than Fred, but I wouldn't consider him to be an experienced player as he has hardly played in important tournaments and matches. Despite having played in the last 3 tournaments, he was only really a crucial member in 2012, which isn't really good enough.

What Brazil lacks imo is someone who has been playing for them for years and who has been an essential part of the team.Only Dani Alves and Maicon along with Cesar come in my mind in that case.

ReputationRep:
    all brazil players become spent dairy cows at age 28 usually

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Fred is old and has been playing for the National side for long, but if you look at the matches he has played, he never really played in crucial matches, neither was he ever a crucial part of the team. Now, similarly, Germany has had Gomez, who is 29 and has been playing for Germany since 2007 with more matches than Fred, but I wouldn't consider him to be an experienced player as he has hardly played in important tournaments and matches. Despite having played in the last 3 tournaments, he was only really a crucial member in 2012, which isn't really good enough.

What Brazil lacks imo is someone who has been playing for them for years and who has been an essential part of the team.Only Dani Alves and Maicon along with Cesar come in my mind in that case.
    Lol, Mario Gomez definitely counts as an experienced player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry McDermott)
    Lol, Mario Gomez definitely counts as an experienced player.
    Well then that's where the disagreements are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I think Fernandinho has a right to feel aggrieved when ****ing Paulinho is getting in the team.

Lucas/Coutinho cruelly overlooked too imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I think Fernandinho has a right to feel aggrieved when ****ing Paulinho is getting in the team.

Lucas/Coutinho cruelly overlooked too imo.
    Fernandinho played lol, and ****ed up massively against Germany
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry McDermott)
    Fernandinho played lol, and ****ed up massively against Germany
    He played against Cameroon, Chile and Colombia beforehand and impressed lol.

Paulinho played every game after having a dreadful season lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    He played against Cameroon, Chile and Colombia beforehand and impressed lol.

Paulinho played every game after having a dreadful season lol.
    Fernandinho got his chance in every knockout game, ****ed up, doesn't really have a right to feel aggrieved anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    all brazil players become spent dairy cows at age 28 usually
    I have noticed this tbh

They have appallingly short shelf-lives, not sure why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxbradkennedyxx)
    Lima is the best brazilian striker at the moment in my opinion but never even gets mentioned
    This. His career probably got going too late for international consideration. Brazil had no real reason to change the team the won the Confederations Cup, I guess.

ReputationRep:

Maicon started the quarter final, the semi final and the 3rd place playoff.

Brazil don't have a problem with experienced players, we have a problem with lack of talent. It's easy to include experienced players in your squad when they're as good as Schweinsteiger and Klose. The players you mentioned for Brazil would just be a complete waste of a squad place. Ronaldinho is nowhere near good enough - nowhere near -, Robinho sucks and Kaka is on his way to chilling away his twilight years at his hometown club.

People in Europe have this tendency to remember the names that WERE good a few years back and wonder why they're not in the team, without looking at present performances. Fred plays well in the league. He played well at the confed cup. But most of all, it's simply that Brazil has no better options!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.