Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

matced on tinder but not responding!? Watch

I am using tinder and I noticed that girls who swipe right to me ( which means the are agree and matched) did not respond to my messages. Moreover, they even do not block me but just going on like that ... not responding and still matched!

what does that mean girls?! I am not understand this

ReputationRep:
    Its like applying for a job. You have to go to many stages before getting the p****

The first stage is Photos
    The second stage in First Message.

You clearly fail at the first message stage. Just because a girl swiped right on your pics doenst mean your in, it just means your chance has gone up from 1 in 1000 to 1 in 50

ReputationRep:
    Get a life bro. Get out in the real world and hook up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Two words:

Ego boost

ReputationRep:
    It could be to do with the message you send. If it's as bland as "Hey" or even "Hi, how are you?" you'll probably be ignored. If it's a cheesy line or a compliment that could be taken as sleazy (it's crazy what some guys do think is a good opener...) you'll also be ignored.
    Like the last poster said, photos are round one but you need a good opening message to make it through round two.

ReputationRep:
    People actually take that app seriously?

ReputationRep:
    You need to think of good intros, simply saying "hi" isn't enough. If you come up with a funny and quick witted intro the girl will prob respond as she will like it

ReputationRep:
    I thought Tinder was an application used to get hookups? So maybe they have enough people already?

ReputationRep:
    Depends.. What sort of things have you been saying?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a girl but I just like playing "would bang/wouldn't bang" without any intentions of speaking to the people I've 'liked'. Maybe they're doing the same thing. Tinder is just fun when you're bored.

ReputationRep:
    Huh. Maybe your messages are off-putting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    People actually take that app seriously?
    My friend has slept with a few white girls. He's asian... Maybe you can try your luck on that app

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    Maybe it's what your saying.

And for the people who are saying it's for getting laid, plenty of people on it are not looking just to get laid.

A lot of people I know found their partners on there.

Just make your intention clear...
    I'm on it to find an adult woman to finance my habit

ReputationRep:
    I had this problem and what I found is that girls on there are literally like goldfish and if there isn't some sort of childish banter in every single message then they won't reply. So now I never answer any question seriously and i poke fun at them in every single message, woe and behold they respond.

Even if they ask you something boring like "what do you do?" or "how are you?", just don't break character, keep taking the piss.

(Original post by Jebedee)
    I had this problem and what I found is that girls on there are literally like goldfish and if there isn't some sort of childish banter in every single message then they won't reply. So now I never answer any question seriously and i poke fun at them in every single message, woe and behold they respond.

Even if they ask you something boring like "what do you do?" or "how are you?", just don't break character, keep taking the piss.
    Yeah I think this is the issue. Thanks

(Original post by Can'tTurnLeft)
    Depends.. What sort of things have you been saying?
    Things like Hey, What's up? and such a beautiful eye colour.....etc
    I think I have to add some kind of funny staffs rather than these..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This seems to be the problem. 'Hey, what's up?' is pretty generic and doesn't really give much opportunity for her to say anything interesting back so a lot of women just won't bother.
    The compliments thing is also not always a great starter because the chances are it will come off a little insincere because, again, 'such a beautiful eye colour', 'gorgeous smile', 'you're so stunning/beautiful/pretty/fit/hot/sexy/insert standard compliment here' is the sort of message she's probably getting constantly. It sounds like a standard line rather than an honest compliment.

Try to think of something interesting that actually links to something you've spotted in her profile. Light hearted is good but show you've taken the time to say something specific not just a copy paste 'Hey, what's up. You have lovely eyes'. Also, try to make it something she can actually reply to. I've sometimes had messages that literally just say 'hey'. I will not ever answer a message that just says 'hey' however attractive their pictures are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah that is kinda weak. I usually open with something like "Glad we matched as I'm quite picky as I'm sure you are too". One example of a banter-esque comment was when a girl said "I'm new to tinder, there are a lot of weirdos aren't there?".
    I replied with "Yeah there was this one girl called (insert girl's name I was talking to) who was a total....oh wait wrong chat, she's lovely "

Another asked where I work and I told her I work for tinder and my job is to take out new members to give the app a good rep. They don't pay me enough.

Number closed both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    I'm not a girl but I just like playing "would bang/wouldn't bang" without any intentions of speaking to the people I've 'liked'. Maybe they're doing the same thing. Tinder is just fun when you're bored.
    Stop using Tinder then. It's a dating/sex app. If you don't want either from there, then stop leading men on.

ReputationRep:
    I have tinder for a laugh, I tend to just flick through it when I'm bored. I don't really reply to anyone unless they catch my eye - which is generally anyone who starts the conversation with someone other then "Hi, how are you?" (Which is very, very few!)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.