Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

late period/pregnancy worries Watch

Hi, looking for reassurance and advice on my situation.
    last month i had sex with my boyfriend using a condom, during the time i was on my period (so chances of becoming pregnant at their lowest?) but it slipped/he didnt pull out, we dont think he came inside me as the ejaculation seemed to come out the bottom of the condom onto the bed, no holes found in condom, and i didn't feel anything, but not totally 100% sure. i took a morning after pill less than 12 hours after, and experienced bleeding a few days after that for a couple of days. but i am now 8 days late on my period this month. i have taken 2 pregnancy tests today and both came back negative but still worried.
    not sure if this is normal for the morning after pill to make me over a week late?
    also slightly concerned as i go to Spain on Friday for 2 weeks, so can't do much about it over there.
    any advice appreciated, thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yes, taking the morning after pill can affect your cycle.

The combination of when it was, what happened, the MAP, and two negative tests mean you're not pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it can make your period late; I was told this by the nurse when I got it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by unprinted)
    Yes, taking the morning after pill can affect your cycle.

The combination of when it was, what happened, the MAP, and two negative tests mean you're not pregnant.

(Original post by gemmam)
    Yes it can make your period late; I was told this by the nurse when I got it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you both. still haven't had my period, 12 days late. how long should i leave it before i should be worried? as i say on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks but may book a doctors appointment when i'm back. taken 4 pregnancy tests now (just tesco own brand, do they have much difference from the more expensive ones ?) and all negative but can't put my mind to rest yet.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It will probably happen on holiday.

No, the own brand ones are fine (and fortunately much cheaper!)

You're not pregnant from this.

(Original post by unprinted)
    It will probably happen on holiday.

No, the own brand ones are fine (and fortunately much cheaper!)

You're not pregnant from this.
    thank you for the reassurance! if it doesnt happen on holiday i shall book a doctor's appointment.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.