Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can't decide between Art or RS to take as an AS/perhaps carry it on.
    Art is obviously more time consuming (I don't want to risk failing my other subjects) but my school is an art school so there's lots of opportunities for art students and not so for other subjects. I found GCSE RS interesting and enjoy the subject a lot so I'm stuck.

Which would be more useful if applying for Literature or History? If it makes any difference.

Also my other chosen subjects are: English lit, History and Biology- too many essays?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    I can't decide between Art or RS to take as an AS/perhaps carry it on.
    Art is obviously more time consuming (I don't want to risk failing my other subjects) but my school is an art school so there's lots of opportunities for art students and not so for other subjects. I found GCSE RS interesting and enjoy the subject a lot so I'm stuck.

Which would be more useful if applying for Literature or History? If it makes any difference.

Also my other chosen subjects are: English lit, History and Biology- too many essays?

Thanks

Hi! I did Religious Studies for my AS and A level and I really loved it, luckily for me mine was 100% exams and 0% coursework

As for Art, that's a subject I really wish I had done at AS, my friend did it and it looked so much fun, but you're right.. she had to do so much work! If you have a passion for Art and know you will do well in it and put in effort to keep up with the work then you should be fine. She managed to do all the work and because she had a talent for it, that it was her easiest AS level to get a good grade.

Do you know which examining board and what subjects you'll be looking at for Art and Religious Studies at the college? You might find one more interesting than the other ^-^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zowidi)
    Hi! I did Religious Studies for my AS and A level and I really loved it, luckily for me mine was 100% exams and 0% coursework

As for Art, that's a subject I really wish I had done at AS, my friend did it and it looked so much fun, but you're right.. she had to do so much work! If you have a passion for Art and know you will do well in it and put in effort to keep up with the work then you should be fine. She managed to do all the work and because she had a talent for it, that it was her easiest AS level to get a good grade.

Do you know which examining board and what subjects you'll be looking at for Art and Religious Studies at the college? You might find one more interesting than the other ^-^
    Thank you so much! Did you do WJEC RS by any chance? That's the exam board we do and it has no coursework.
    Also did you find Religious studies easier in comparison to your other A levels? Apologies for so many questions, thanks again

ReputationRep:
    I also did Philosophy and ethics, based on the fact I did well and enjoyed it at GCSE; but it is nothing like it at A level, it's completely different and a lot more in depth, especially at A2. I still really liked the course though, and would recommend it. Although it is an essay subject, it will definitely be a lot less time consuming than art... my friend did both subjects, and had to put in a lot of extra time to maintain her art to a good standard.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that if you have to ask this question, then art is not for you. It's one of those subjects where if you have the interest, it's obvious and all-consuming, and if you haven't, it's a chore and takes more time away from your other subjects than you might want. Do RS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    Thank you so much! Did you do WJEC RS by any chance? That's the exam board we do and it has no coursework.
    Also did you find Religious studies easier in comparison to your other A levels? Apologies for so many questions, thanks again
    Nope I did AQA :P

Religious Studies for me was the A level that I never worried about, it was always the others I worried about because I found learning about religions so interesting that I always remembered the content better ^-^

I also did both English Lit and English Lang along side it, two coursework heavy subjects, so doing Religious Studies was a nice break from coursework. But like I said, coursework doesn't have to be a problem if you put in the effort to keep up with it and don't leave it till last minute.

You're welcome

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.