Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone know the policy if a customer is violent towards you at sainsburys?i work for them and there has been two incidents of violence and no action taken,just the aggressor being barred from the store! Wtf.. A girl employee was punched in the stomach because we had a item out of stock,as you can imagine it really shock her and the rest of the guys there but nothing was done,which just seems crazy like sainsburys are saying it's ok to do what you like to us employees! My real question I suppose is if I am attacked personally and I fight back (which I would not hesitate in doing)what would happen to me? I would not just flip on a customer of course,I'm just talking self defence..I'm guessing I would be the one in trouble which seems absolutely crazy but anyone that works for sainsburys will know that they treat their employees like something you step in..
    thanks for reading guys and any messages are gratefully received

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryEmployee)
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone know the policy if a customer is violent towards you at sainsburys?i work for them and there has been two incidents of violence and no action taken,just the aggressor being barred from the store! Wtf.. A girl employee was punched in the stomach because we had a item out of stock,as you can imagine it really shock her and the rest of the guys there but nothing was done,which just seems crazy like sainsburys are saying it's ok to do what you like to us employees! My real question I suppose is if I am attacked personally and I fight back (which I would not hesitate in doing)what would happen to me? I would not just flip on a customer of course,I'm just talking self defence..I'm guessing I would be the one in trouble which seems absolutely crazy but anyone that works for sainsburys will know that they treat their employees like something you step in..
    thanks for reading guys and any messages are gratefully received
    I would think that self defence would be okay, if you deflect the aggressors attacks and such.

Maybe you could try to file charges for assault? I'm not 100% sure of the criteria/laws on this, but surely there is something in place for this?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried speaking to your manager about it? Maybe ask them what the company policies regarding that sort of thing are? When I worked in retail we had security - they would step in with this type of thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.