Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow I will hopefully overcome my fears and tell a girl myself that I really like her. How can I prepare for this especially if I am not a very confident person and very nervous. I get red, start sweating when I speak to girls and cannot do eye to eye contact.HELP PLEASE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moneymania999)
    Tomorrow I will hopefully overcome my fears and tell a girl myself that I really like her. How can I prepare for this especially if I am not a very confident person and very nervous. I get red, start sweating when I speak to girls and cannot do eye to eye contact.HELP PLEASE
    ok a tip with keeping eye contact. keep your face engaged with her face. you can break eye contact but just dont go looking down at the floor or to the side.

secondly remember your goal but dont obsess over it to the point that you miss whats going on.

feel out the conversation first.

if all else fails. clarity is the key.

another tip to help with your nerves is to drink something then throw it up before u go to see her. obviously brush your teeth and mouth wash after.

its a known thing to help with anxiety. dunno the science behind it. but trust me it works.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.