Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! For all of you that went to the open day yesterday, I'm just wondering what you thought of it?

I had an absolutely fantastic time! I'm hoping to study single honours History... the course at Kent sounds pretty much perfect for me - loads of flexibility and really interesting topics. I was impressed by the accommodation, especially that of Tyler Court! I know they're all pretty similar regardless of which uni you go to, but this is definitely the nicest that I've seen so far.

The student ambassadors were all extremely helpful and really friendly! Everything felt really well organised compared to some of the other universities I've been to. I also met some really lovely prospective students! The whole place was just felt really calm and peaceful... it felt like a home from home.

Also, to the girl that was also looking to study history that was talking to me and my family outside the accommodation in Tyler Court, in the unlikely event that you're reading this, please get in touch! If you can't remember who I am, I was wearing glasses and a burgundy jumper - hopefully that'll trigger your memory! I didn't catch your name but you seem really nice and I know you mentioned that you'd looked at the Uni of Exeter and were also interested in looking at Royal Holloway! I'd love to hear some more about how Exeter compared to Kent though, as it's one of my top three uni's on my list!

Anyway, back on topic, I love how self-contained the campus was, with all the facilities only a walk away! Beautiful rural surroundings with a historic city only twenty minutes away... I don't think I could ask for more! All I can say is, I'm really excited about having the opportunity to study at Kent and it's definitely a contender for my potential firm uni if I get an offer.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like it. The lecturer wasn't inspiring and she had loads od technical difficulties., id of liked to be allowed to look round the department, I didnt like the student village (I only liked Keynes accommodation) and it was all too expensive there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Did I kill the thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Did I kill the thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm still here! I'm sure more people will share their views over the next few days, if not hours. :P

Are you also thinking of studying History? Which lecturer were you talking about?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Causton97)
    I'm still here! I'm sure more people will share their views over the next few days, if not hours. :P

Are you also thinking of studying History? Which lecturer were you talking about?
    No psychology I cant remember her name but I went to Bangor and their lecturer was really passionate so was really good. The kent on though just didn't inspire me as much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    No psychology I cant remember her name but I went to Bangor and their lecturer was really passionate so was really good. The kent on though just didn't inspire me as much

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah fair enough... I just fell in love with the place! Absolutely beautiful campus and everything about it was brilliant! I can't speak highly enough about it! :P

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I know this is a late reply.. but ive only just seen this thread! I went to the open day too, and i also loved it! The campus was beautiful, i loved the sound of my course, and the accommodation,especially compared to the other uni i saw, was really great! Im thinking about putting kent as my firm, but i have a few other unis to visit yet, ahah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.