Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The ONE question me and my other UAL-bound friends keep asking is - when are you going to move in?!

I know the official date for moving in is the 6th September - but term doesn't start until the 29th and that's when we receive our student loans. I'll have money saved up but I don't want to spend almost a whole month with no funds, and at the same time don't want to miss out on bonding with my flatmates!!

What's everyone's plan for this? I'm moving into Camberwell and studying Textiles at Chelsea btw!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm also going to be studying at UAL but at LCF I'm planning on moving in on the 6th of September to the Costume Store. I also got very concerned when they said we had to pay our first rent installment on the 6th but I've heard from a few people that you can phone up the finance part of UAL and postpone your rent until your student loan comes through as they realise that a lot of people can't just live on nothing for a whole month! However I have not tried this myself - I want to have all of my financial details from sfe first. If you have all of those details already then it's worth a go good luck to you and your friends!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaAldridge95)
    Hi! I'm also going to be studying at UAL but at LCF I'm planning on moving in on the 6th of September to the Costume Store. I also got very concerned when they said we had to pay our first rent installment on the 6th but I've heard from a few people that you can phone up the finance part of UAL and postpone your rent until your student loan comes through as they realise that a lot of people can't just live on nothing for a whole month! However I have not tried this myself - I want to have all of my financial details from sfe first. If you have all of those details already then it's worth a go good luck to you and your friends!

Hi I'm hoping to go to UAL next year and I want to stay in the Costume Store. Does your student loan/maintenence loan cover all your costs or are you having to pay some of your rent with your own money? Also, I'm hoping to go to the next open day to visit, but do you think the costume store is worth the money? The accomodation looks amazing, just hoping it's the same in person!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.