Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I read somewhere on the forum that not all junior dr jobs are banded and that banded jobs involve "more medicine". What do they mean by that? Do non-banded jobs involve more admin work?

All my F1 jobs are banded 1B. Apart from salary what does that mean?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrashP)
    I read somewhere on the forum that not all junior dr jobs are banded and that banded jobs involve "more medicine". What do they mean by that? Do non-banded jobs involve more admin work?

Have a read of this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...octor_get_paid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrashP)

Banding means more antisocial hours. This usually means on-call, so you are seeing more acute situations and learning to deal with them yourself, whereas in the day job you're often doing admin and usually have some sort of backup as an F1.

1B means you will be doing evenings and weekends, possibly nights depending on your trust. Not as many as if you were on a 1A rota but they can still be quite tough jobs!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.