The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry 2015 Help!

Hi guys,
I have wanted to do medicine for as long as I know yet I don't think I ever had the belief in myself to do it. However, I have just graduated from Uni with a 1st in Psychology and I think that's given me the belief that I can achieve something if I put my mind to it.

I also have A, A, A* in Chem, Bio and Psychology A levels.
My work experience has quite a bit to be desired, however I am securing placements shadowing and long term volunteering commitments at the moment.

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of the chances I would stand of getting in to grad entry in this situation. I realise my grades are good and I can hopefully get a lot of experience in a short amount of time and practice UKCAT to get a really good score on that!

Any help given would be amazing, since it' all very confusing!

Thank you so much and good luck to all applicants!

x
Reply 1
Do your UKCAT first then ask the question.
Reply 2
^ Helpful...

Academically you're fine, and if you could do some of those work placements before sending off your application, so you can incorporate it into your personal statement that would be ideal.

It does ultimately all come down to whether your UKCAT/GAMSAT/BMAT score is above the cut off for the university to get an interview.

Take a look at individual university pages and the wiki page on TSR to gauge where you best fit in. And also have a look at this thread
Reply 3
Original post by Maxxie

^Helpful...

EH, OP knows that she's got academics and potentially work exp covered. The only uncertainty is the UKCAT/GAMSAT/BMAT score. I wasn't trying to sound rude (on hindsight it does, somewhat) but when you've already achieved near perfect grades and looking for experience, there isn't much to ask about being good enough in that regard.

OP will be fine so long as she can talk and meets any cut-offs. It's just picking the school.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending