Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've always had a fairly relaxed attitude to life. i don't take life to seriously or take anything to heart. So far I guess this trait has been useful to me because people seem to like that about me so making friends is easy and i don't think I've ever been stressed.

As much as this is a good thing, It's starting to get out of hand now. I don't care what anyone (except for family/close friends) think of me any more and this seems to be fuelling some ridiculously stupid behaviour. And even though a part of me knows it's wrong, I really care less. Even for things like exams, whilst everyone around me was panicking and getting stressed I was ultra calm. Even after exams that went shockingly I was still relatively happy and now even thinking about it I just don't care. I don't think it's healthy to be like this and I think it will be detrimental to my life if i continue like this. I guess what I'm asking is how do you care? I've asked friends and they are adamant that my attitude is the way to go because i'm always happy but i dunno if I see it that way

ReputationRep:
    If you don't start caring soon then you're in for a rough ride in a couple of years.

(Original post by Luminz)
    If you don't start caring soon then you're in for a rough ride in a couple of years.
    The worst thing is I know this and I'm trying to care but life is just so much easier my way and I don't know how to change

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've always had a fairly relaxed attitude to life. i don't take life to seriously or take anything to heart. So far I guess this trait has been useful to me because people seem to like that about me so making friends is easy and i don't think I've ever been stressed.

As much as this is a good thing, It's starting to get out of hand now. I don't care what anyone (except for family/close friends) think of me any more and this seems to be fuelling some ridiculously stupid behaviour. And even though a part of me knows it's wrong, I really care less. Even for things like exams, whilst everyone around me was panicking and getting stressed I was ultra calm. Even after exams that went shockingly I was still relatively happy and now even thinking about it I just don't care. I don't think it's healthy to be like this and I think it will be detrimental to my life if i continue like this. I guess what I'm asking is how do you care? I've asked friends and they are adamant that my attitude is the way to go because i'm always happy but i dunno if I see it that way
    Loool I'm in the exact position as you and I feel like something is wrong with me though. I don't know whether I should embrace it or at least maybe try a little hard to care enough about my future etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

The mental state you have is the key to happiness people have been writing about for centuries. Congratulations.

It's not a bad thing. Maybe for some things, put others' happiness above your own, that'll help alter your attitude.

(Original post by James Lucifer)
    Loool I'm in the exact position as you and I feel like something is wrong with me though. I don't know whether I should embrace it or at least maybe try a little hard to care enough about my future etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dunno it's weird because I want to embrace it and nothing absolutely terrible has happened due to my attitude so i have no reason to change. But I feel like it's only a matter of time before not giving a **** comes back to bite me on the ass. I kinda have the mentally that everything will be alright in the end so their is zero point in worrying. It's hard to start tryna care tho because it just seems like the loonngest thing ever

(Original post by NikolaT)
    The mental state you have is the key to happiness people have been writing about for centuries. Congratulations.

It's not a bad thing. Maybe for some things, put others' happiness above your own, that'll help alter your attitude.
    I think I'll definitely try that because I think I'm selfish when it comes to my happiness. I only really do things if they make me happy, if they don't i'll try my best to avoid them. I do stuff to make people happy but I think that's only really because seeing people I care about happy makes me happy. idk whether i'd do it if I didn't which makes me sound like a complete douche but at the end of the day i'm only really living my life for me right?

ReputationRep:
    That is a good trait to have but you have to use it wisely as you get older. You need to sit down and choose the things that you need to care about and the things that will just make you more stressed out unnecessarily.

ReputationRep:
    This is so me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.