Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a group interview for ASDA next week and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me on what to expect?

ReputationRep:
    Expect a whole lot of cringey team building exercises. On my interview, we was in a big group and had to build balloon towers, play number games, carry out "shop floor activities" like finding the prices of products...
    Then you have a one-on-one interview with a manager, and they'll ask you generic questions like "why do you want to work here" and "what can you bring to ASDA?" Its pretty relaxed though, everyone who was in the group interview got the job so the one-on-one bit isnt really that important. Just act friendly, confident and relaxed, thats all they really look for.

And then if you get through that pile of crap, you have to sit through hours and hours of videos on stuff which is either common sense, or stuff you wont even need to know for your job.

THEN, they'll expect you to work more hours than you agreed to. Also, if you get the job, DONT phone in sick, because ive got a meeting with managers over two days off and ive been told i'll probably get sacked. Such bull****.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can be sacked for being off sick, unless you weren't actually sick and have been caught.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous1211)
    Expect a whole lot of cringey team building exercises. On my interview, we was in a big group and had to build balloon towers, play number games, carry out "shop floor activities" like finding the prices of products...
    Then you have a one-on-one interview with a manager, and they'll ask you generic questions like "why do you want to work here" and "what can you bring to ASDA?" Its pretty relaxed though, everyone who was in the group interview got the job so the one-on-one bit isnt really that important. Just act friendly, confident and relaxed, thats all they really look for.

And then if you get through that pile of crap, you have to sit through hours and hours of videos on stuff which is either common sense, or stuff you wont even need to know for your job.

THEN, they'll expect you to work more hours than you agreed to. Also, if you get the job, DONT phone in sick, because ive got a meeting with managers over two days off and ive been told i'll probably get sacked. Such bull****.

Thanks for the feedback. I've never done an interview before and I'm really nervous a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by higherhigher)
    I have a group interview for ASDA next week and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me on what to expect?
    I had one a couple of years ago which I was really nervous for as well. I think we did similar stuff to what the earlier poster said - talking to the person next to you & remembering info about them, making a balloon tower as a group and watching videos.

Then a quick one on one interview with a manager just going over your application and answering questions like 'why do you want to work here?' and 'what are your strengths/weaknesses/experiences'.

It was pretty relaxed and people were friendly so I wouldn't worry too much. If it goes badly it's not the worst thing you just have to move on and if it goes well then you have a job

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.