Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've mostly included Russell Group Universities, but here's my impressions of these different universities. Agree/disagree? Your opinions?

University of Birmingham - relatively intelligent people who you could go get a pint in the bar with; mostly decent down-to-earth types who'll probably end up being a manager later in life

University of Bristol - posh kids who couldn't get into Oxbridge

Durham University - even posher kids who couldn't get into Oxbridge

University of Cambridge - half posh public schoolers, half geeks who can't maintain eye-contact for more than 10 second

University of Oxford - see above

Cardiff University - any sheeps for ****ing?

University of Edinburgh - girls with names Tilly and guys with names like Oliver who come up to Scotland to work semi-hard

University of Exeter - posh country tw**s

University of Glasgow - where the smart Scottish kids go

Imperial College London - day 16 and still no sight of a female; smart kids with loads of internationals

University College London - cool liberal people who have a brain and internationals

Kings College London - where you go if you didn't get into UCL

University of Leeds - where slightly dim public schools go

LSE - very smart serious people afraid to smile

University of Liverpool - why is this even a Russell Group?

University of Manchester - mix of regular decent types and posh kids who want to go to a big city to have a good time and still a good degree

Newcastle University - full of posh, public school kids who have names like Jeffery Wonder-Wotsit who've immigrated from the South and people who couldn't get into Durham; full of posh girls with their legs open

University of Nottingham - where middle-class kids go to meet other middle-class kids

Queen Mary - I thought this was a Sixth Form College?

Queen's University Belfast - most down to earth of all the Russell Groups

University of Sheffield - nicey nice types who couldn't get into Newcastle or Leeds

University of Southampton - middle-class kids whose idea of a good time is... well they don't really have a good time due to being a bit dull

University of Warwick - smart kids who like concrete

University of York - boring kids who want to be around other boring kids in a boring area and get a decent degree

St Andrews - basically an extension of Durham

University of Bath - full of nicey nice people again and hasn't been discovered by the public schools yet

Loughborough University - not the brightest but damn they can play rugby

ReputationRep:
    This should be in the chat section... not least because it's utter garbage

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why you even bothered or thought these were at all right. Your university says nothing about you.

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha I enjoyed this.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Okay, the cardiff one got me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benpringle)
    So I've mostly included Russell Group Universities, but here's my impressions of these different universities. Agree/disagree? Your opinions?

University of Birmingham - relatively intelligent people who you could go get a pint in the bar with; mostly decent down-to-earth types who'll probably end up being a manager later in life

University of Bristol - posh kids who couldn't get into Oxbridge

Durham University - even posher kids who couldn't get into Oxbridge

University of Cambridge - half posh public schoolers, half geeks who can't maintain eye-contact for more than 10 second

University of Oxford - see above

Cardiff University - any sheeps for ****ing?

University of Edinburgh - girls with names Tilly and guys with names like Oliver who come up to Scotland to work semi-hard

University of Exeter - posh country tw**s

University of Glasgow - where the smart Scottish kids go

Imperial College London - day 16 and still no sight of a female; smart kids with loads of internationals

University College London - cool liberal people who have a brain and internationals

Kings College London - where you go if you didn't get into UCL

University of Leeds - where slightly dim public schools go

LSE - very smart serious people afraid to smile

University of Liverpool - why is this even a Russell Group?

University of Manchester - mix of regular decent types and posh kids who want to go to a big city to have a good time and still a good degree

Newcastle University - full of posh, public school kids who have names like Jeffery Wonder-Wotsit who've immigrated from the South and people who couldn't get into Durham; full of posh girls with their legs open

University of Nottingham - where middle-class kids go to meet other middle-class kids

Queen Mary - I thought this was a Sixth Form College?

Queen's University Belfast - most down to earth of all the Russell Groups

University of Sheffield - nicey nice types who couldn't get into Newcastle or Leeds

University of Southampton - middle-class kids whose idea of a good time is... well they don't really have a good time due to being a bit dull

University of Warwick - smart kids who like concrete

University of York - boring kids who want to be around other boring kids in a boring area and get a decent degree

St Andrews - basically an extension of Durham

University of Bath - full of nicey nice people again and hasn't been discovered by the public schools yet

Loughborough University - not the brightest but damn they can play rugby
    that Im wiling to compromise on the college to get the course I most want

Im wiling compromise on what actually is important and make the most of it from there

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Manchester, my friend had a posh GF but there were lots of chavs there as well.

ReputationRep:
    Lol :lol: I went to Brum

ReputationRep:
    Haha, you seem to have a very cold case of jealousy.

ReputationRep:
    I mean, it'd be pretty funny if the descriptions were witty. But they're mostly recycled and repeated 6 word phrases that a 5 year old could come up with

ReputationRep:
    Down to earth QUB :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    bit harsh on Liverpool and Loughborough

ReputationRep:
    Like the description of Newcastle as a future student

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As someone who will be attending Birmingham University in Sept, I agree wholeheartedly. LOL!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I turned down Durham, York and Exeter to go to a university that shouldn't be in the RG, damn I'm crying here.

Seriously though, I don't know why Liverpool gets so much criticism. It's excellent for many areas and it's part of the RG because it's research based, that's all the RG is. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This thread will be worth its weight in gold soon.

At least I got off lightly since I'm a 'nicey nice' person (Bath).
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    Haha, you seem to have a very cold case of jealousy.
    And you seem to have a very naive case of assuming that just because I voice what could be described as harsh descriptions on these universities that I don't attend one. I actually attend one of the universities I had a harsher opinion on and one that's near the top of most league tables, mate. Just opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParetoOptimum)
    I mean, it'd be pretty funny if the descriptions were witty. But they're mostly recycled and repeated 6 word phrases that a 5 year old could come up with
    The point is for them to be short and sweet. Jeez, lighten up it's a light-hearted thread.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    In b4 people ****ging off the ex-polys.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.