The Student Room Group

Do you want to marry/date someone thats in the same job field as you are?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Do you want to?

Pros, things in your day job could be resolved easily with the help of your partner.

Cons, being annoyed about your job at home.

Thats all I can think of.

ah yeh why not

mine is a female dominated profession no matter where I work

so its quite likely il marry someone at least related to my work partners
Exact same job? I'm not particularly bothered. So long as they are following a similar quality career path (eg, if I was a doctor, I'd be interested in lawyers for instance, not fast food workers etc) - I think that comes naturally, however, due to the different social circles you'd find yourself in. I really hope the expectation that women stay at home and are only there to tend to children dies in the twenty first century.
Screw that! Imagine if she gets promoted and becomes your boss.
Umm, no not particularly. I would like it if they shared some interests since I am pursuing my field of work purely due to a fascination.
Don't really care tbh. Some shared interests would be good, but not necessarily in the same career/ field as I am.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Cheating is not a problem. Divorce is always an option. Their boredom is not of my concern.

You probably would have a hard time finding a good wife.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm with someone who is studying a different subject from me but have an interest in what I am studying. As long as someone had an interest in what I done, that would be the main thing as opposed to them doing the same course/job as me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think I'd like to be with someone who worked in the same place as me. Same career path, maybe, but I think it might be a bit boring. But who knows?
(edited 9 years ago)
I wouldn't really care either way, but I don't think it would be very likely.
Original post by Roger1
You sound like a pretty selfish person.

Original post by a10
lol that's a bit selfish, your "wife" is a human being too btw..

I'll be responsible for pretty much funding their existence. In my books, that's not selfish.
Original post by Rlove95
Why?

I believe as a man it's my responsibility to be the breadwinner. Effectively, I would want my wife to look after the children and take care of the household.
Original post by donutaud15
You probably would have a hard time finding a good wife.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite possibly, although I'm not looking to get married anytime soon. Sometime with the next 15-20 years maybe. I need to build my net worth first.
Reply 32
I'll be responsible for pretty much funding their existence. In my books, that's not selfish.

yeah and just because you will be funding their "existence" doesn't mean you shouldn't care about your potential partner's feelings, just like any other human being staying at home all the time (alone or even with 1 or 2 kids) she will get very bored no matter how rich you are...

there should just be a comprise between two partners to make BOTH sides happy not just one and not treat someone like a slave.
(edited 9 years ago)
Possibly yes, we could run practices together
Quite possibly, although I'm not looking to get married anytime soon. Sometime with the next 15-20 years maybe. I need to build my net worth first.

Then you'd definitely have a hard time looking for a decent wife.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by a10
lol that's a bit selfish, your "wife" is a human being too btw..

dont worry his probably an isis supporter they think like that.
Original post by a10
yeah and just because you will be funding their "existence" doesn't mean you shouldn't care about your potential partner's feelings, just like any other human being staying at home all the time (alone or even with 1 or 2 kids) she will get very bored no matter how rich you are...

there should just be a comprise between two partners to make BOTH sides happy not just one and treat someone like a slave.

Why do you assume they will be treated as a slave and be bored? I made no mention of there being any restrictions to her freedom.. hell, my wife can do as she pleases. It's just if I'm not satisfied, I am able to get a divorce.

If she works, that's of her own accord. I don't expect her to contribute to household expenditure and would rather have a wife who brings up the children as I would like to imagine my income would suffice.

What I'm saying is.. if she's bored at home, she has every right to do something about it.

The way people here jump to conclusions. :dontknow:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
Prefer she didn't work at all tbh but that depends on the individual. Some women go insane after living at home for so long...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38

The way people here jump to conclusions. :dontknow:

Just out of curiosity what is your goal in life? (other than making lots of money which i think will probably be your first answer?)
Original post by a10
Just out of curiosity what is your goal in life? (other than making lots of money which i think will probably be your first answer?)

Become a prop trader at a hedge fund (my primary goal). Have a family someday and maybe experience love of some sort?

Quick Reply

Latest