Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ITV of BBC? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which channel will you be watching the final on?
    BBC
    85.00%
    ITV(STV)
    12.50%
    Other
    2.50%

ReputationRep:
    Which broadcast will you be watching tonight?

Vote in the poll.

ReputationRep:
    BBC

No Chiles

No "Braaaaazil, braaaaaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil"

ReputationRep:
    BBC. HATE ****ing adverts

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    BBC

No Chiles

You missed the best part - no adverts.

Edit: 2010 viewing figures show that BBC had 5 times as many viewers as ITV :laugh: It'll be the same this time around.

ReputationRep:
    ITV 4 DEFO...BBC r with the Israelis who r bombing innocents in GAZA...so NO BBC

ReputationRep:
    Im going 4 GERMANY.....!!!!HOPE THEY WIN IT

ReputationRep:
    BBC1, cba with adverts

ReputationRep:
    Whaaaaaaat?!?! How can you hate that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattcam94)
    Whaaaaaaat?!?! How can you hate that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be fair, the rest of that song is pretty rubbish. That is the one and only catchy line from it, haha.

I watched on BBC. Why would anyone choose to watch Adrian Chiles drivel all his monotone nonsense?

(Original post by Reluire)
      To be fair, the rest of that song is pretty rubbish.
      it's sik

ReputationRep:
      ITV all day long. Have a man crush on Chiles.

ReputationRep:
      It was a lose/lose situation. On one channel we had to deal with Adrian Chiles and on the other, Mark Lawrenson's awful commentary. So I watched the game on ITV and switched for analysis on BBC. Sacrificed lack of HD just so I didn't have to listen to Lawrenson.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Michael!)
      It was a lose/lose situation. On one channel we had to deal with Adrian Chiles and on the other, Mark Lawrenson's awful commentary. So I watched the game on ITV and switched for analysis on BBC. Sacrificed lack of HD just so I didn't have to listen to Lawrenson.
      ROFL at this post

ReputationRep:
      Why anybody would watch ITV when they have an alternative is beyond me. The Brazil song on ITV is good, though. Don't get the hate.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by + polarity -)
      it's sik

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1405293943.742005.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  14.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      BBC

No Chiles

Hey thats a good song!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Michael!)
      Lawro's a legend

You guys don't understand his sarcasm. I like the mishaps too, that's extra entertainment. Like the Croatian guy being elbowed to the floor, lawro accusing him of being a girl...10 minutes later he's stretchered off. Lawro: "perhaps I was wrong." Lol comedy gold. Most commentators are far too serious and lose the element of being a fan. Lawro adds a light touch. He's great and I'm dead serious. Andy Townsend on ITV?!

The closing montage thing on BBC had a great track:

Run Boy Run - Woodkid (Download Link + Lyrics): http://youtu.be/6uEWkR9NUT4
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      Lol @ anybody picking ITV. I'd rather have watched Titanic on Channel 4.

ReputationRep:
      Both are actually terrible and significantly worse than Sky, EPSN, BT or normal stations in Europe. Dutch TV for example spends probably 5x as long discussing tactics and not just cursory discussion of individual players and German stations actually quite entertaining in terms of their banter as opposed to the stuff Shearer/Lineker come out with.

Watching Cannavaro on ITV, I could tell that he thought it was crap coverage.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Zürich)
      Both are actually terrible and significantly worse than Sky, EPSN, BT or normal stations in Europe. Dutch TV for example spends probably 5x as long discussing tactics and not just cursory discussion of individual players and German stations actually quite entertaining in terms of their banter as opposed to the stuff Shearer/Lineker come out with.

Watching Cannavaro on ITV, I could tell that he thought it was crap coverage.
      Agree.

It's possibly why England are so behind tactically as well. All you hear is (he's a good player). But tbh those two stations are there for the common viewer, they might not want to hear too much about tactics. E.g. Glenn Hoddle knows his stuff but he can't really go into full tactical analysis.

Lee Dixon is average. Hansen can be good at analysing but the guy just rubs me up the wrong way, he's a bit biased. Lineker is just there as a presenter, not as an analyst. Shearer is ****ing annoying, "you don't score goals when you're on the wing Torres" like **** me I didn't ****ing know that already. I actually don't mind townsend too much, says it like it is but he does point the obvious a bit too much. But again it's ITV, it's not a sports station and maybe the common viewer might not appreciate in depth tactical analysis in the middle of a match. That goes to the proper sports stations. Cannavaro clearly had problems with the language barrier as well.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.