Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Famous Marilyn Monroe quote = Everything wrong with WOMYN today Watch

ReputationRep:
    "I'm selfish , impatient , and a little insecure . I make mistakes , I'm out of control , and at times hard to act. But if you can not handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell do not deserve me at my best ."

Translation: "
    Hey, I'm a ****ty person. I do have SOME good qualities, but it's mostly me just being a a diva"

I feel like this quote sums up everything that is problematic with women today this whole high-maintenance routine and expecting your partner and other people as well to handle you with kid gloves 24/7 because your ego is too big.

Listen girls please act normal.

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

Also goes to show that Monroe isn't the role model that people should follow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    I agree.

Also goes to show that Monroe isn't the role model that people should follow.
    If you consider how she died, that quote is pretty hollow...

ReputationRep:
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure"

"**** off then"

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because every single woman on the planet takes that quote as their life philosophy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The quote may be very cliched but there's truth in it. Most people have some issues and if you can't accept the bad things about someone than you definitely shouldn't get to share the good things.

ReputationRep:
    .................. and where is she now? Dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    Yes, because every single woman on the planet takes that quote as their life philosophy :rolleyes:
    I never said every woman takes that quote as their mantra. I said that quote sums up the everyday woman pretty well regardless of whether you want to deny it or not.

Many girls use Marilyn quotes on their dating website or even on facebook/twitter etc. I just see it as a crazy ***** warning alert whenever a girl does this.

Many girls hold Marilyn as their role model and the pinnacle of old school glamour and the tip of femininity. She wasn't even fat, chubby chicks need to get real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    I never said every woman takes that quote as their mantra. I said that quote sums up the everyday woman pretty well regardless of whether you want to deny it or not.

Many girls use Marilyn quotes on their dating website or even on facebook/twitter etc. I just see it as a crazy ***** warning alert whenever a girl does this.

Many girls hold Marilyn as their role model and the pinnacle of old school glamour and the tip of femininity. She wasn't even fat, chubby chicks need to get real.
    If you believe that you don't know a wide enough range of women :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    The quote may be very cliched but there's truth in it. Most people have some issues and if you can't accept the bad things about someone than you definitely shouldn't get to share the good things.

We all have flaws. However going from having flaws to telling people they have to accept your flaws even when said flaws are counterproductive to your relationship it makes no sense. This is what I meant with girls having big egos thinking they're the big I am.

ReputationRep:
    If you believe that you don't know a wide enough range of women :lol:

Considering several guys have agreed with my opening post what you're saying makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    We all have flaws. However going from having flaws to telling people they have to accept your flaws even when said flaws are counterproductive to your relationship it makes no sense. This is what I meant with girls having big egos thinking they're the big I am.
    I have mental health problems that **** with every single one of my inter-personal relationships. Although I try my best to be normal I probably never will be. The people who love me think the good things about me and good enough to outweigh all the ****ty things. If someone can't cope with my issues then they can stay the hell away from me cos I don't need anyone who can't be there for me when I **** up.

ReputationRep:
    Considering several guys have agreed with my opening post what you're saying makes no sense.
    You can't use the opinion of men as an authority of women :lol: Yes, there are women who take that quote to heart and see Marilyn Monroe as a role model but equally there are so many who don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    I have mental health problems that **** with every single one of my inter-personal relationships. Although I try my best to be normal I probably never will be. The people who love me think the good things about me and good enough to outweigh all the ****ty things. If someone can't cope with my issues then they can stay the hell away from me cos I don't need anyone who can't be there for me when I **** up.

It's this whole ultimatum that I have an issue with i.e. put up with my crap or get lost. Even if you have mental issues you what you are saying is putting someone who cares for you between a rock and a hard place. Again the ego is there.

ReputationRep:
    It's this whole ultimatum that I have an issue with i.e. put up with my crap or get lost. Even if you have mental issues you what you are saying is putting someone who cares for you between a rock and a hard place. Again the ego is there.
    Well why should I deal with people who make me feel ****ty about my issues. There are enough people who love me who will put up with them that I don't need to deal with the people who won't.

ReputationRep:
    You can't use the opinion of men as an authority of women :lol: Yes, there are women who take that quote to heart and see Marilyn Monroe as a role model but equally there are so many who don't.

What does this even mean? Seems like a bunch of words strung together to mean not a whole lot. :rofl:

Who's opinion would you rather have butthurt women like you or the men that have to deal with these high-maintenance women?

ReputationRep:
    monroe was a failure of a person, i laugh at anyone who sees her as some sort of inspiration.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    What does this even mean? Seems like a bunch of words strung together to mean not a whole lot. :rofl:

Who's opinion would you rather have butthurt women like you or the men that have to deal with these high-maintenance women?
    *Whose

Do remember this is only TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    *Whose

Do remember this is only TSR.

My post was pretty well done if the only rebuttal you could muster up is a spelling correction.

ReputationRep:
    My post was pretty well done if the only rebuttal you could muster up is a spelling correction.
    What an illogical thing to say.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.