What Your University Says About You

Watch
benpringle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I've mostly included Russell Group Universities, but here's my impressions of these different universities. Agree/disagree? Your opinions?

University of Birmingham - relatively intelligent people who you could go get a pint in the bar with; mostly decent down-to-earth types who'll probably end up being a manager later in life

University of Bristol - posh kids who couldn't get into Oxbridge

Durham University - even posher kids who couldn't get into Oxbridge

University of Cambridge - half posh public schoolers, half geeks who can't maintain eye-contact for more than 10 second

University of Oxford - see above

Cardiff University - any sheeps for ****ing?

University of Edinburgh - girls with names Tilly and guys with names like Oliver who come up to Scotland to work semi-hard

University of Exeter - posh country tw**s

University of Glasgow - where the smart Scottish kids go

Imperial College London - day 16 and still no sight of a female; smart kids with loads of internationals

University College London - cool liberal people who have a brain and internationals

Kings College London - where you go if you didn't get into UCL

University of Leeds - where slightly dim public schools go

LSE - very smart serious people afraid to smile

University of Liverpool - why is this even a Russell Group?

University of Manchester - mix of regular decent types and posh kids who want to go to a big city to have a good time and still a good degree

Newcastle University - full of posh, public school kids who have names like Jeffery Wonder-Wotsit who've immigrated from the South and people who couldn't get into Durham; full of posh girls with their legs open

University of Nottingham - where middle-class kids go to meet other middle-class kids

Queen Mary - I thought this was a Sixth Form College?

Queen's University Belfast - most down to earth of all the Russell Groups

University of Sheffield - nicey nice types who couldn't get into Newcastle or Leeds

University of Southampton - middle-class kids whose idea of a good time is... well they don't really have a good time due to being a bit dull

University of Warwick - smart kids who like concrete

University of York - boring kids who want to be around other boring kids in a boring area and get a decent degree

St Andrews - basically an extension of Durham

University of Bath - full of nicey nice people again and hasn't been discovered by the public schools yet

Loughborough University - not the brightest but damn they can play rugby
MrEFeynman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Durham has it's fare share of posh kids. Not all of whom are arrogant and self centred. But it also has a lot of your average People too, I consider myself to be average, at least socially.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (602)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (740)
41.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (353)
19.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed