Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where do poor people get their haircut? Watch

ReputationRep:
    By poor, I mean students.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Hairdressers/barbers
    I've found guys for £8 and girls for £10 or less in every town or city I've been to...

ReputationRep:
    I get mine for £5...:erm:

ReputationRep:
    When I can't afford it I do it myself as I did hairdressing before I decided to do A-Levels

ReputationRep:
    ive had haircuts for £7

ReputationRep:
    I started buzzcutting my own hair this last month, hasn't gone too well yet...

ReputationRep:
    lot's of places have them for £5

but i hate cheap haircuts with some random knob responsible for my hair. when they're on the phone whilst cutting my hair, having the most important conversation ever they have to stop cutting my hair for a while, or just tot aggressive when moving my head to cut my hair, i want to stab their eyes with the scissors, almost always there's a mistake somewhere as well.

so i chose to go to some expensive french place instead, hair looked way better since.

probably better to not cheap out on your hair

ReputationRep:
    When I was a student I used to go to Vidal Sassoon

On the day that the trainees worked on volunteers - it used to be free

ReputationRep:
    youtube.

you watch.

you learn.

and if it goes wrong?

you don't go out. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I have a neighbour who is a trained hairdresser who has always done my hair for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    8 if I have it done in the city, 4 if I jump on the bus.

ReputationRep:
    how often do you do it?

ReputationRep:
    I cut my own hair, I feel that hairdressers cut too much off anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I hardly ever get a hair cut, like once a year if that. I usually trim some bits myself but would never fully cut it myself.
    During freshers week here in Liverpool Andrew Collinge hairdressers were offering students a £10 hair cut for about a month, I never got round to going so hoping they do it again this year.

ReputationRep:
    The guy who cuts my hair doesn't speak or even understand a single word of English. He gives really bad haircuts and charges £5.

ReputationRep:
    Its very easy to get a decent haircut for 7 or 8 pounds.. Why pay more? There is now plenty of competition with a good spread of Turkish barbers and similar. My Barber is Iraqi,,a lovely chap and does a great job..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    Its very easy to get a decent haircut for 7 or 8 pounds.. Why pay more? There is now plenty of competition with a good spread of Turkish barbers and similar. My Barber is Iraqi,,a lovely chap and does a great job..
    much easier for men than women, I've struggled to find any hairdressers in my area who'll do my hair for less than £20 with the average price being between £25-30

Dammit I hate how expensive it is to be a woman sometimes. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    much easier for men than women, I've struggled to find any hairdressers in my area who'll do my hair for less than £20 with the average price being between £25-30

Dammit I hate how expensive it is to be a woman sometimes. :lol:
    I know what you mean. My other local barber does womens hair cuts for the same but im guessing that excludes foils, colours and curls !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    I know what you mean. My other local barber does womens hair cuts for the same but im guessing that excludes foils, colours and curls !
    Do you mean they do women's hair for the same price as men's or that they do women's hair at the same kind of prices I said?

Aye the prices I mentioned would just be for the cut, to just get your hair coloured it'd be between £30-60 for the cheaper places depending on hair length but I've seen it go much higher than that! I just dye my hair myself
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Do you mean they do women's hair for the same price as men's or that they do women's hair at the same kind of prices I said?

Aye the prices I mentioned would just be for the cut, to just get your hair coloured it'd be between £30-60 for the cheaper places depending on hair length but I've seen it go much higher than that! I just dye my hair myself
    Yeah my bill once came to just over £100 for a cut trim & blowdry and a full head of highlights

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.