Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help on university timetable Watch

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody please enlighten me on how university learning works?
    is it like college were you are given a timetable and have to be at your given lesson at the stated time?
    or is it more independant were they put lectures on and you choose which ones to attend and when?
    i realise this is a vague and simple question but i need to know whether to consider giving up work or not.
    Thankyou
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadeInTheUSA)
    Could somebody please enlighten me on how university learning works?
    is it like college were you are given a timetable and have to be at your given lesson at the stated time?
    or is it more independant were they put lectures on and you choose which ones to attend and when?
    i realise this is a vague and simple question but i need to know whether to consider giving up work or not.
    Thankyou
    Probably depends on your university.

But generally you will have to attend all lectures on your timetable. Some of them may be optional, but your lecturers will tell you about this.

You will get some computer classes/seminars/other things that are on your timetable a few times, but you only have to attend one. You will get told which one you need to attend.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.