Anyone from the North West?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joyful_soul)
    Anyone from the North West?
    joyful soul sounds good but not from the north west Hertfordshire here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    joyful soul sounds good but not from the north west Hertfordshire here
    It's fine, I've been there before. Do you like living there?

ReputationRep:
    It's fine, I've been there before. Do you like living there?
    if I could just pick up my bags and move anywhere I probably wouldn't have picked Hertfordshire necessarily but generally speaking yeah I like living here It's not too far from London yet kind of has a rural feel. I know a lot of people who hate Hertfordshire and say it's boring but I can't find myself in that to be honest but I'm no party animal anyway so I don't need clubs and all that How is the north-west treating you?

ReputationRep:
    if I could just pick up my bags and move anywhere I probably wouldn't have picked Hertfordshire necessarily but generally speaking yeah I like living here It's not too far from London yet kind of has a rural feel. I know a lot of people who hate Hertfordshire and say it's boring but I can't find myself in that to be honest but I'm no party animal anyway so I don't need clubs and all that How is the north-west treating you?
    Do you like rural life?

It's fine, though not that much to do compared to, say, London or another big city. Manchester is quite close by though, so it's not too bad.

What are your hobbies/interests?

ReputationRep:
    I'll be your friend I'm from the Midlands.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm from Manchester, and yes I'll be your friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mubariz)
    Lol, I'm from Manchester, and yes I'll be your friend

ReputationRep:
    Nope North East apparently

ReputationRep:
    Do you like rural life?

It's fine, though not that much to do compared to, say, London or another big city. Manchester is quite close by though, so it's not too bad.

What are your hobbies/interests?
    I grew up in the city and have always lived in the city but I quite like rural life to be honest, though I don't mind living in the city either. I enjoy going into London but am always glad to be back home haha I can only take so much a day :P

I'm like a complete nerd XD I wouldn't really say I have a hobby necessarily. I'm interested in astronomy (this mainly involves looking at the stars - I have a telescope but don't get it out much cause it's big and heavy), linguistics (studied this at uni) I love languages. Other than that I like going for walks, enjoy listening to music, go to the cinema, watch films and documentaries. I also have an interest in paganism and the occult/mysticism (mainly hermetic philosophy). lots of other stuff really

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I grew up in the city and have always lived in the city but I quite like rural life to be honest, though I don't mind living in the city either. I enjoy going into London but am always glad to be back home haha I can only take so much a day :P

I'm like a complete nerd XD I wouldn't really say I have a hobby necessarily. I'm interested in astronomy (this mainly involves looking at the stars - I have a telescope but don't get it out much cause it's big and heavy), linguistics (studied this at uni) I love languages. Other than that I like going for walks, enjoy listening to music, go to the cinema, watch films and documentaries. I also have an interest in paganism and the occult/mysticism (mainly hermetic philosophy). lots of other stuff really

How about you?
    Lived in London for a year, so I understand the feeling. I like the city from time to time but it's not 'relaxing' to live there.

What languages do you like in particular?

Same. I love going for walks with friends, cycling in the morning to get fresh air and exercise before starting work.
    What made you interested in the occult?

My main interests at the moment are fitness based. I also like reading on Finance and Physics. Would love to also go out trekking/camping and to go to the beach some time.

ReputationRep:
    West Yorkshire here but i'll be your friend!! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afghan Warrior)
    West Yorkshire here but i'll be your friend!! :P
    me too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XXSimmyXX)
    me too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm from Leeds, wbu

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Leeds, wbu
    yhhh same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Leeds, wbu
    yhhh same

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm from Leeds too! Didn't know there were people from Leeds posting on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleighisonfire)
    yaay team leeds!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleighisonfire)
    yaay team leeds!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How old are you? I'm 17

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lived in London for a year, so I understand the feeling. I like the city from time to time but it's not 'relaxing' to live there.

What languages do you like in particular?

Same. I love going for walks with friends, cycling in the morning to get fresh air and exercise before starting work.
    What made you interested in the occult?

My main interests at the moment are fitness based. I also like reading on Finance and Physics. Would love to also go out trekking/camping and to go to the beach some time.
    Exactly, no wonder so many people burn out and get stressed! They don't know how to relax any more and just go into overdrive!! I live about 10/15 minutes from where I work and I actually walk every morning. I take my time and for me it's a great way to start the day as I find it quite relaxing.

I used to cycle A LOT but I haven't got a bike at the moment :/ really hope to get one in the next few months though!

I am fluent in English and Dutch, languages I am probably most interested in are Swedish, Russian and Hebrew. I find Japanese cool too but it's too difficult XD

I am not interested in 'the occult' in general I must say, probably should have worded that better. I am interested in the Hermetic philosophy and Hermetic orders are very secretive (similar to Freemasonary) - due to this and the use of a lot of symbolism etc it falls under the occult. I have always been some sort of a soul searcher - what ever you want to call it really :P Just trying to find out who I am, why ON EARTH we are here (see what I did there XD) that kind of stuff. I can really find myself in Hermetism, which is why it fascinates me really

I like finance too tbh but I don't think I have the patience and time at the moment to really deepen myself into it. I'm mainly interested in banking and how that all works.

I love trekking and camping! I used to go camping all the time when I was younger and we used to go hiking in the mountains in France and Spain. Haven't done that for ages though!! ^^

ReputationRep:
    okay

but i'm not from the north west

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.