Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the Acer C720 chromebook would be suitable for a laptop at university for note taking in lectures and general use around the place. I'd have a desktop back in my room for more intensive tasks.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolbeans1996)
    Do you think the Acer C720 chromebook would be suitable for a laptop at university for note taking in lectures and general use around the place. I'd have a desktop back in my room for more intensive tasks.
    That would depend on whether your lecture rooms have an active Wi-Fi connection or not, as I have heard that Chromebooks really need an internet connection to be able to do anything.

Furthermore, I believe that everything (documents etc) is synchronised to your Google Account, so if you don't have a Google account (i.e. Gmail, Youtube etc) then you'll need to create one.

You could also take a look at some Windows based netbooks, or small screen laptops. So long as they can run apps such as microsoft office, they should be okay. Larger laptops don't have a very good battery life, especially those with larger screens.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.