Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did you meet your best friend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    just wondering when everyone met their best friends , was it at nursery , high school or even later than that.

i met mine in Year 5 , he was the new boy in the school and we became friends in his first day there.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    At the pet shop, 3 years ago :love:

ReputationRep:
    Nursery

ReputationRep:
    I didn't

yet

ReputationRep:
    I have a few best friends. One I met in secondary school though we didn't become close till after we'd left school, another I met on a different website years ago and another I met on here

ReputationRep:
    Never seen the point in having a 'best' friend. I just have people I get on with, nobody special.

ReputationRep:
    Met all 4 in Highschool

first one I was friends with since year 7
    second and third I don't really remember lol
    the last one, he joined mid year 9 and we all just clicked

ReputationRep:
    tsr

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    My whole group of friends are my best friends, knew them since secondary school, and one from primary. I lost a best friend a few weeks ago though, who I met via here, she and I no longer talk.

ReputationRep:
    I have two sets of best friends. Is that weird?

I met two in secondary school but I'm trying to stop being friends with them because we've grown apart. They've yet to realise that.

I met my more recent, closest best friend in college. She found me when I was having a minor panic attack the day before an exam. A lot of really ****ty stuff happened to me the week before and she was able to help me through it all. I find it difficult to get close to people but the two of us are as volatile and screwed up as each other so our bestfriendship was effortless.

ReputationRep:
    I'm my own bestie and believe it or not, I met her recently. I used to hate myself but as soon as I made peace with who I am, I started to love and appreciate myself a lot more :yep:

I have close friends but don't really consider any of them as besties lol

ReputationRep:
    In the hospital ward in our cots when I was one day old and her just a few hours lol. Unless you count when our mums were pregnant with us in which case a doctor's waiting room when we were mere embryos lol.

ReputationRep:
    Back in year 7, I decided I wanted to be popular. So I latched into the first person that I thought had popular potential (as she was blonde with blue eyes- that sounds scarily like Hitler). Becoming her best friend involved writing my best friend then a horrible letter explaining why she was a horrible, disgusting and unpopular person and why blonde potential best friend would be a much better best friend.
    So yes, I've now been best friends with the blonde for about 5 years. Not exactly the best way to meet a best friend xD

Edit: Funnily enough, my original best friend (the one who was the recipient of the letter) and I are quite good friends now. May even be going to the same school for sixth form (depending on grades of course xD)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry class at secondary school

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I have a few best friends. One I met in secondary school though we didn't become close till after we'd left school, another I met on a different website years ago and another I met on here
    what websites mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    what websites mind me asking
    Websites? It was only one friend and I met her on a website called TeenSpot. Just a teen chat site. Doesn't exist any more.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a best friend. :cry:

Any offers?

ReputationRep:
    At school, I gave her a pen. And yeah best friends from there.

ReputationRep:
    My first best friend I met the first day of pre-k in Paris and we still try to see each other even though since grade 5 we've been on opposite sides of the Atlantic.
    I met my second best friend on the first day at my new school in America. She then moved in grade 8 but moved back a few weeks ago.
    My third best friend I met in the first few weeks of our freshman year at a school we were both new to. We really became best friends last summer when I had shoulder surgery and she spent most of her time at my house or texting and skyping me to keep me entertained.

ReputationRep:
    Made my first one by sharing color pencils.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.