Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi…ever since a holiday to Greece in 2007 I have since become a little obsessed with Greece and I would love to start cooking some authentic Greek food before I head off to uni. Could someone possibly share some traditional greek recipes with me.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophus18x)
    Hi…ever since a holiday to Greece in 2007 I have since become a little obsessed with Greece and I would love to start cooking some authentic Greek food before I head off to uni. Could someone possibly share some traditional greek recipes with me.
    Thanks
    Hey, I use this website to get ideas for meals and whatnot. There are lots of recipes from cuisines all over the world, here is the link for the Greek cuisine: http://allrecipes.com/recipes/world-...uropean/greek/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Technetium)
    Hey, I use this website to get ideas for meals and whatnot. There are lots of recipes from cuisines all over the world, here is the link for the Greek cuisine: http://allrecipes.com/recipes/world-...uropean/greek/

Oh brill thanks

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how traditional it is, but the first Greek recipe that comes to mind is Greek Salad! I'm not really a salad person but it's quite 'chunky' so you can have it as a lunch on its own (maybe with some pitta's and hummus too!) and is actually quite refreshing on a hot day. Being a salad, it's more about the ingredients than the proportions so just taste it and add more of what you think it needs.

Ingredients:
    1 cucumber
    20 cherry tomatoes (better as they're generaly sweeter) or 4 tomatoes
    One block of feta (I guess 200g or something)
    Half a red onion
    A handful of kalamata olives (the big purple ones, but other varieties will do)
    Oregano (fresh or dried)
    A bunch of Fresh mint
    Olive oil
    A lemon
    Salt and pepper

Method:
    1. Chop up the cucumber and tomatoes to bite sized chunks. Thinly slice the onion into little rings. Add both to the bowl.
    2. Add the olives to the bowl and then chop up the mint and add that too.
    3. Drizzle in the olive oil then add a squeeze of lemon. Season to taste.
    4. Toss the salad then crumble the feta on top and sprinkle on the oregano.
    5. Enjoy!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.