Trying to decide between these two universities.
I am applying for a Computer Science conversion course as I have no programming experience. My ultimate aim is to be a software developer for mobile operating systems.
Bristol teaches in C and has the following modules. They are all compulsory and the university does not offer any optional modules:
- Overview of Computer Architecture
- Programming in C
- Software Engineering and Group Project
- Object-Oriented Programming with Java
- Research Skills
- Web Technologies
Swansea teaches in Java and has the following modules as well as many optional modules, some of which deal specifically with mobile software. The course is also accredited by the BCS if that matter:
- Programming in Java
- Computer System Concepts
- Software Engineering Principles
- Software Concepts and Efficiency
- Research Methodology
- Computer Science Project Development
Birmingham has intensive workshops in Java over both semesters as well as a range of optional modules.
And actually passed?