Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    How about a bow and arrow. You shoot the bow until you only have one arrow left then you go legolas on whomever and stab them with the arrow and use the bow as a club.
    but with a sword you can hack and stab as long as your strength holds out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    with a gun, a simple bullet in the head
    It doesn't guarantee a kill 100% of the time.

But a missing severed head does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I have got all the mangas and every single episode of the anime available.
    I'm not reading the manga, well, not beyond the anime, but it was licensed and I've been buying it from Amazon as its released. They're nice to own but some of the translations are quite annoying (and Americanised).
    I have a 30GB hard drive which is basically full. My brother has double that, and keeps all the Naruto stored on there.

I will, at some point in the not too distant future, invest in a computer upgrade/a bigger hard drive, but until then I can manage.

ReputationRep:
    My weapon of choice would be two bigger and better versions of whoever's trying to kill me's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    I'm not reading the manga, well, not beyond the anime, but it was licensed and I've been buying it from Amazon as its released. They're nice to own but some of the translations are quite annoying (and Americanised).
    I have a 30GB hard drive which is basically full. My brother has double that, and keeps all the Naruto stored on there.

I will, at some point in the not too distant future, invest in a computer upgrade/a bigger hard drive, but until then I can manage.
    I now hate any anime that has been translated, and much prefer to watch subbed versions. Other good anime I have found include cowboy bebop, trigun, love hina, slayers, hellsing, read or die, final fantasy unlimited as well as naruto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    My weapon of choice would be two bigger and better versions of whoever's trying to kill me's
    and if someone was running at you with a banana?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    It doesn't guarantee a kill 100% of the time.

But a missing severed head does.
    3 bullets in the head

ReputationRep:
    OK, as much as I love talking about anime, let's not talk about it anymore and go back to weapons and stuff. Doubt most typical Westerners know what the hell we are chatting about.

PS. Katon Housenka no Jutsu!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    3 bullets in the head
    Once again, not 100% guarantee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    3 bullets in the head
    Unless you are stealthful enough to get up close, or have good marksmanship, it is very difficult to get 3 shots to the head.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are stealthful enough to get up close, or have good marksmanship, it is very difficult to get 3 shots to the head.
    Who cares? It only takes one.

ReputationRep:
    guns and missiles are the way forward

ReputationRep:
    OK, as much as I love talking about anime, let's not talk about it anymore and go back to weapons and stuff. Doubt most typical Westerners know what the hell we are chatting about.

PS. Katon Housenka no Jutsu!!!
    good point, they probably think of anime in terms of pokemon of digimon. (incidently, does anyone know where I can get untranslated pokemon series from)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    guns and missiles are the way forward
    Missiles, especially the nuclear type, could be what destroys us.

ReputationRep:
    can I just say that this is very good thread response considering it was started in the middle of the night.

ReputationRep:
    I now hate any anime that has been translated, and much prefer to watch subbed versions. Other good anime I have found include cowboy bebop, trigun, love hina, slayers, hellsing, read or die, final fantasy unlimited as well as naruto
    Agree about the subs, I can't stand it when they dub over the originals, normally terrible results. Anyway, as Chidori says, I better stop there or I'll end up completely swamping the thread with obsessive anime ramblings. Feel free to bring up one of the related threads if you want to discuss the topic though, as I could talk for a long time about various series'.

ReputationRep:
    Once again, not 100% guarantee.
    lol, your not 100% gurenteed to sever a head....

and you dont have to hit the head to kill, shoot a vital organ or the arm you are holding the sword with...

look, swords are cool and all that, but when it comes down to it, a gun is a more effective killing machine than a sword.
    All these japanese cartoons might have made you thing that a sword is more effective, but it isnt, the range of a gun gives it the advantage

ReputationRep:
    I haven't caught up with all the post on this thread but my favourite weapon is the nunchukus. They can be used really well. I like the demonstrations of the ancient weaponis in the Game "soul calibre". I also have a pair at home.

Then it will probably be the plain old stick. ordinary i know but can be used to great effect if u know kung fu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    lol, your not 100% gurenteed to sever a head....

and you dont have to hit the head to kill, shoot a vital organ or the arm you are holding the sword with...

looks, swords are cool and all that, but when it comes down to it, a gun is a more effective killing machine than a sword.
    All these japanese cartoons might have made you thing that a sword is more effective, but it isnt, the range of a gun gives it the advantage
    If you slightly miss with a bullet, you can miss the entire target, but if you miss with a swird, there is still a chance to hit another part of the target.

ReputationRep:
    If you slightly miss with a bullet, you can miss the entire target, but if you miss with a swird, there is still a chance to hit another part of the target.
    a fully automatic against a sword...... you are going to loose

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.