Frequently feeling guilty depressed about stuff in the past

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I keep thinking of times in my life where I have done something wrong to someone and feeling so guilty and pathetic about myself.How do I stop doing this and concentrate on doing good in the future.It honestly makes me feel so worried.I can't concentrate on what I'm doing because I start thinking about something.It could be thinking about an old friend and relationships or other silly decisions I've made.I see other people enjoying themselves and all I can do is think about the past and blaming myself for things.I feel really stuck and although I am taking steps to get back in touch with people from the past in order to lessen feeling paranoid about what others think of me.

I can't seem to focus on now, it's like my mind goes back to years ago when certain things happened.I get paranoid certain people hate me because I may have hurt them in the past unintentionally.Or sometimes I blame myself for giving people the wrong advice and so on.HELP!
doom_rever
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I keep thinking of times in my life where I have done something wrong to someone and feeling so guilty and pathetic about myself.How do I stop doing this and concentrate on doing good in the future.It honestly makes me feel so worried.I can't concentrate on what I'm doing because I start thinking about something.It could be thinking about an old friend and relationships or other silly decisions I've made.I see other people enjoying themselves and all I can do is think about the past and blaming myself for things.I feel really stuck and although I am taking steps to get back in touch with people from the past in order to lessen feeling paranoid about what others think of me.

I can't seem to focus on now, it's like my mind goes back to years ago when certain things happened.I get paranoid certain people hate me because I may have hurt them in the past unintentionally.Or sometimes I blame myself for giving people the wrong advice and so on.HELP!
Firstly none of that is unusual many people find themselves doing the same. I have done it quite a lot in the past and in fact still continue to do it (rarely). But it can be a damaging thing to do. Honestly you can get back in contact with all the people you want but it won't help you with this situation. What you really need to do is become comfortable in your own skin again and to learn to forgive yourself for past misdeeds either real or simply perceived. When you stop torturing yourself and just welcome yourself home to you then you'll find the regrets, guilt and negative thoughts will simply evaporate as if they never were.

Fire us on a PM if you need a chat hero.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed