Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I'm just writing this post to warn all current and future students about a private accommodation provider called Victoria Halls in Wembley.

The short version: don't do it. It's a waste of money and will leave your tutors worrying that you are suffering from depression (seriously).

Right next to underground tracks (which aren't underground) 4am until 1am and then maintenance works on the tracks between those times. (Every day since October last year). The noise is never anything less than unbearable.

If you don't believe me or think I'm just some disgruntled kid who doesn't know how to live on his own; you're wrong. Don't take my word for it though.

A Facebook page has been started where previous tenants have voiced their gripes with the place; this is because reviews on Google keep getting removed.
    It's hideous place. It's scorching hot in the summer with windows that open an inch. You get your room in a state yet are demanded it be returned pristine lest you get charges added.

I still have the displeasure of living here as I paid for a 51 week tenancy. For a "penthouse" by the way - a glorified corridor facing the train tracks.

On event days at the stadium, you're a stones throw away from the main station meaning you have a nice steady flow of people chanting "Wembley" (you know the chant) for hours on end.

Anyway, please like the Facebook page and pass it on to anyone studying London/Middlesex if you care for them.
    If you have already been unlucky enough to live there, message your review to the page and it will get put up (if you want it anonymous) otherwise feel free to post directly on the page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-T..._type=bookmark

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be living there from September unless I find something cheaper. But I can't and now you freaked me out....

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to UCFB and the only accommodation available to me is a Studio Flat in Victoria Hall. This is waaaay more than I can afford. Is there any alternate accommodation available?

ReputationRep:
    I have lived in another accommodation also owned by Victoria Hall and it was a pure nightmare: unfinished building, broken pipe, leaking water, wet walls and mould growing all over. However people are very friendly and helpful, they returned me all money back even though I 'stayed' there for 1.5 months. But yes I do NOT reccommend living with Victoria Hall, bloody £££ and definitely not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDrivad)
    I'm going to UCFB and the only accommodation available to me is a Studio Flat in Victoria Hall. This is waaaay more than I can afford. Is there any alternate accommodation available?
    Sorry for the late reply; I don't come on here much.
    Did you end up booking VH?
    If so, what do you think of it?

I hope you've found a better alternative!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PennyM.)
    I'll be living there from September unless I find something cheaper. But I can't and now you freaked me out....
    Penny, how is it?
    I hope they've improved since I lived there although I highly doubt it.
    I'm sorry I didn't post this thread earlier for you to benefit from.

Hope you're enjoying uni/London!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.