Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Schweinsteiger - Is there a more complete midfielder in world football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    He can sit deep and dictate the game, break play up, play as a box to box midfielder, attacking mid, on the wing and he excels in them all. He's strong, quick and has a very good football brain. He may not be the best at each individual role, but imo is the most complete.

ReputationRep:
    Can withstand attacks too.

ReputationRep:
    He's the most complete of his generation, no doubt about it.

ReputationRep:
    Tom Cleverly is more complete in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Him or Vidal.

As far as football intelligence goes he edges it for me though

ReputationRep:
    Man he was immense tonight. I doubt Germany would have won had he not been in the middle of the park and had it been him injured in the warm up and not Khedira.

ReputationRep:
    Not so complete now he's missing a chunk of his face.

ReputationRep:
    Does Gerrard count as his generation?

If so he has a competitor. Bastian has done more in the game than Stevie now though.

Great admirer of Bastian.

ReputationRep:
    Aaron Ramsey - if he can replicate his form of last season. Did pretty much everything to warrant "complete midfielder" status.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He rides pigs. Nuff said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry McDermott)
    Does Gerrard count as his generation?

If so he has a competitor. Bastian has done more in the game than Stevie now though.

Great admirer of Bastian.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Him or Vidal.
    Good one, m8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Good one, m8.
    ? Vidal is the epitome of a box to box midfielder. Plays even higher up the pitch for Chile.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    ? Vidal is the epitome of a box to box midfielder. Plays even higher up the pitch for Chile.
    I'm a massive fan of Vidal and I'm not questioning his talent, but I think he's got a long way to go to prove he has the ability of Schweinsteiger. Look at Schweinsteiger's legacy compared to Vidal's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    He can sit deep and dictate the game, break play up, play as a box to box midfielder, attacking mid, on the wing and he excels in them all. He's strong, quick and has a very good football brain. He may not be the best at each individual role, but imo is the most complete.
    He isn't good at breaking up play, but he is an exceptional player. His involvement in goals is absolutely incredible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I'm a massive fan of Vidal and I'm not questioning his talent, but I think he's got a long way to go to prove he has the ability of Schweinsteiger. Look at Schweinsteiger's legacy compared to Vidal's.
    I'd disagree. Legacy wise yeah, but I don;t think it's indicative of his quality that he's never won anything like a Champions League or a WC. But ability wise he's not far off Schweinsteiger, he's better at defending and going forward, and can be nearly as effective on a match (only place Schweisteiger beats him, passing/controlling the tempo). He played the WC still slightly injured and he still bossed a few games

As far as complete midfielder goes Schweinsteiger edges it for me as I mentioned, but it's closer then you give credit for.

ReputationRep:
    He's the player Gerrard dreams of being

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.