Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who was the best player in the world cup? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I personally think james rodriguez was the best player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ozil :sogood:

I jest, I agree with you, that goal of his was just awesome - anyhoo it wasn't Messi :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    mascherano
    nueuer/muller/rodriguez/ochoa/navas/messi/sweinsteiger/di maria/kroos
    arjen robben/van persie/ schurlle/hummels
    cant think of others

ReputationRep:
    Clearly not Messi, they probably only gave it to him because he was in the stadium and it was handy. His 4 goals came against the footballing giants of Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria. He did nothing of note in the last 3 games.

I would go with Rodriguez. Neuer or Muller would have been decent shouts as well, but clearly not Messi.

ReputationRep:
    Robben or Mueller

I didn't see enough of Rodriguez to comment

ReputationRep:
    Stevie G.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickfloss)
    mascherano
    nueuer/muller/rodriguez/ochoa/navas/messi/higuan/di maria/kroos
    arjen robben/van persie/ bastian sweinstieger/

cant think of others
    Really? The one thing he's meant to be good at is scoring and he got 1 goal in 7 games.

Other than that he spent most of the time lugging his giant backside around and struggling with the offside rule.

ReputationRep:
    Neuer. From the official list; Robben.

ReputationRep:
    Difficult to say. Apart from a penalty against Brazil, Rodriguez's goals didn't come against any better sides than Messi's did. Neuer played well when called upon but didn't have huge amounts to do.

I'd say Mueller, because he was so, so productive. Though I think Robben's impact, and willingness to get on the ball and try and create things, has been rather underestimated this tournament.

Also Kroos has done plenty of good things, at least until tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Really? The one thing he's meant to be good at is scoring and he got 1 goal in 7 games.

Other than that he spent most of the time lugging his giant backside around and struggling with the offside rule.
    yeh your right, but personally i felt that higuain was the most likely to score in the match, but i agree he shouldnt be theire,

Jerome Boateng lel

ReputationRep:
      Daniel Sturridge

not srs :lol:

ReputationRep:
      I thought Pirlo played good in the limited games he played.

ReputationRep:
      Neuer
      Rodriguez
      Robben
      Mascherano

ReputationRep:
      Phillipe Lahm! Outstanding footballer.

ReputationRep:
      James.

Best full back was Marcos Rojo.

ReputationRep:
      I think for me it would be between Arjen Robben and Thomas Muller, they were both fantastic. If you forced me to make a decision I'd say Muller but Idk.

ReputationRep:
      Robben without a doubt all day long. Every match he made a very big impact and if there was one player which would infinitely have improve Germany it would have been him (even over RVP).

ReputationRep:
      David Beckham, best football player in the stadium

ReputationRep:
      Neuer :awesome:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.