Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So this is a topic that has come up a lot. For me and my really close group of friends we are all virgins, and no it doesn't bother us all too much, but recently I'm just kicking myself for not sleeping with one of my exes. Ive had 3 serious relationships in my life, one a year and a half, one 8 months and the other 6 months. I've done absolutely everything in the book BESIDES have sex. Hell I even tried bondage with one of my exes. But what gives? At this point I don't see my virginity as anything. Not some untouched prize. Just a burdensome label. I would be perfectly content to lose it to a one night stand to be completely honest. Is this terrible? I'm just so sick of being so close to not being a virgin, yet still being one. What should I do?

I'm laughing at the fact that you took part in bondage before sex. (Not in a mean way - I did the same!)

My advice? Either sleep with someone or stop worrying about it so much. No, losing your virginity in a one night stand isn't terrible (some people would say it's advisable, but whatever floats your boat dude.)

Tbh being a virgin/not a virgin doesn't mean all that much, or anything really. It's not going to make you a different person, and it's not going to make you any better at sex until you've been around the block a few times.

ReputationRep:
    So basically, due to circumstances you are now desperate (or on the verge of) to have sex.

Easiest and quickest option is to hire an adult sex worker. That way you can have everything you want, your own way.

Failing that, you can always go to a club and ask some really drunk girls for sex which will work eventually but don't count on getting anyone 'decent' or expect to be able to pick and choose. Sex is what it says on the tin. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll find a nice girl or a girl you'll even like.

ReputationRep:
    I lost my virginity a couple of days ago at 16, see my other thread.

It's not all its cracked up to be, it was a bit too sticky personally (rubs fingers together, for no reason :P)

ReputationRep:
    I lost mine at 17, and was pretty boring.

It gets much better as you gain more experience.

Admittedly I had no idea what I was doing hence why it doesn't seem 'all that' at first.

ReputationRep:
    It's really not a big deal unless you feel pressured to having sex.
    I couldn't care less.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.