Ford Fiesta v Renault Megane v Vauxhall Astra?

Watch
ChrisKelsey91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi there,

I am looking to upgrade from my 1.2 petrol Renault Clio to either a 1.4 diesel Ford Fiesta, 1.5 diesel Renault Megane or 1.3 diesel Vauxhall Astra.

My main priorities are plenty of space, great fuel economy and good spec (AC, electric windows, auxillary port) at a pretty decent price.

My budget is between £2-4000.

If someone can advise me from experience or knowledge I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alfissti
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd probably get a Ford Focus 1.6TDCI instead.
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What he said ^^^

The Fiesta is small, a complete size class down from the other two. Also I can't imagine that any of them will be that nippy with the smaller engine, even if it is a torquier diesel. I'd have a look at TDI VWs too, a well specced and tidy Mk4 GT TDI could be had for that money, or a slightly tired mk5. I'd also stay away from the Renault, most of them have awful electrical problems. Mine didn't, but it had a whole host of other problems, including a catastrophically failed engine mount. A friend's Megan liked to collect water in the door pockets and in the rear footwell, and needed four new electric window actuators. Stick to Ford/VW/Vauxhall.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (619)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (773)
42.06%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.46%

Watched Threads