Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there I'm George and I'm 25 years old.
    I am struggling with all the information there is and just need some help.

I left my sixth form college early and never went back a decision I really regret now. I am now really hoping to get back into education. I really want to study the finance and investment course at Brighton Uni. My GCSE 's meet the requirements however I don't have any a levels.

I understand I need to study an access course first which would mean me having to move back in with my mum for a year whilst I study. The most suitable course I can find is a business and enterprise access course at Brighton city college.
    Would this be a relevant enough subject to the go and study finance and investment?

And if I meet the requirements through this and apply early enough would u be guaranteed a place for the degree?

I would need to apply for am 24 advanced student loan to study the access course. I applied this weekend to hopefully study this September? Have I left it too late?

I am panicking slightly! Any help greatly appreciated guys :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by George Fentiman)
    Hi there I'm George and I'm 25 years old.
    I am struggling with all the information there is and just need some help.

I left my sixth form college early and never went back a decision I really regret now. I am now really hoping to get back into education. I really want to study the finance and investment course at Brighton Uni. My GCSE 's meet the requirements however I don't have any a levels.

I understand I need to study an access course first which would mean me having to move back in with my mum for a year whilst I study. The most suitable course I can find is a business and enterprise access course at Brighton city college.
    Would this be a relevant enough subject to the go and study finance and investment?

And if I meet the requirements through this and apply early enough would u be guaranteed a place for the degree?

I would need to apply for am 24 advanced student loan to study the access course. I applied this weekend to hopefully study this September? Have I left it too late?

I am panicking slightly! Any help greatly appreciated guys :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi George,

Sorry to hear you’re struggling. There’s a lot of information out there so it’s completely natural to feel a little stressed. It sounds like the access route could be a good option for you.

The access requirements for the Finance and Investment course are:
    “Pass (at least 45 credits at level 3), with 24 credits at merit or above. Units in accounting and finance, business or management required.”
    I would recommend that you check with the college to ensure the above units are included on that particular access course.

I can’t say that you will get a guaranteed place on the degree course as it will depend on your grades but applying earlier certainly can’t do any harm.
    In terms of time, try not to panic; it’s good that you’re thinking about this now. The college and loans company will be able to give you clearer advice on deadlines so give them a call and ask as many questions as it takes to settle your concerns.

Hope that helps,

Elle

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.