Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the grade boundaries for science gcse this year will increase or decrease? In the June 2013 paper the grade to get an A* was 52 marks and an A was 45 marks so do you think think this years paper will require more marks for those grades?

ReputationRep:
    which exam board/subject/paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatmanO)
    which exam board/subject/paper?
    Edexcel, science and the bio/chem/phys papers in may this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laith1)
    Edexcel, science and the bio/chem/phys papers in may this year
    I have a feeling that all the grade boundaries will decrease slightly to adjust to the move to linear sittings. Overall, see how they compare with the past papers and predict grade boundaries from there.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laith1)
    Do you think the grade boundaries for science gcse this year will increase or decrease? In the June 2013 paper the grade to get an A* was 52 marks and an A was 45 marks so do you think think this years paper will require more marks for those grades?
    i did c2,b2,p2,b3,p3,c3

c2 will be quite high... 52 for an A*, 45 A
    b2 will be very low... 46 for an A*, 40/39 A
    p2 will be average... 50 for an A*, 42 A

c3 will be alright... 50 A*, 44 A
    p3 will be slightly lower... 49 A*, 43 A
    B3 will be lower but still high... 52 A*, 46 A

This is what i think... i think i will get B,A,A,A,A*,A* ( i made hella lot mistakes on C2

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.