Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whsmith order cancelled but received package, what should I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I made an order on the whsmith website, I then cancelled it over the phone the next day as I had ordered the wrong thing. They refunded me and I had cancelled my order.

Yesterday I then got my order sent to me. I have emailed there support team but I have not been contacted. What should I do as I have not paid for this order.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinky1995)
    I made an order on the whsmith website, I then cancelled it over the phone the next day as I had ordered the wrong thing. They refunded me and I had cancelled my order.

Yesterday I then got my order sent to me. I have emailed there support team but I have not been contacted. What should I do as I have not paid for this order.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing.

Legally you have no obligation to send it back either.

I ordered a Uni bag from Next and two were delivered, I just sold one.

What did you order out of interest? If it was a something of high value they might request it back but you can say no without any consequences.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're not obliged to give it back. But giving it back is the right thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    i once ordered a pocket watch online.. and received two.. returned one back and got the money refunded so i ended up having paid for just the delivery charges

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother returning I ordered tons of stuff from Burtons and they cancelled the order and still received it. Got a free coat, 2 pair of jeans and 2 jumpers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Keep it.

ReputationRep:
    I rang them and they told me it was there mistake and to keep the items for free

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I rang them and they told me it was there mistake and to keep the items for free

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Always best to tell the truth.

Glad it's worked out in your favour.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.