Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone from previous years have the reading list for diagnostic radiography at Hertfordshire University? Or is there any books you would recommend? any idea what it is like to study 1st year? i am very nervous

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuzat)
    Does anyone from previous years have the reading list for diagnostic radiography at Hertfordshire University? Or is there any books you would recommend? any idea what it is like to study 1st year? i am very nervous

Thanks
    Hi there,

I am a repeating second year radiography student, with the books it is best to wait until induction week as the lecturers will tell you which books are necessary to buy as the reading lists contain a lot of books and some are easier to understand than others. The first year of the course is introducing you to radiography and academic writing, and the best thing about first year is that you should not feel silly about asking questions.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, am eager to study radiography but my a level subjects are, a language, history, sociology and religious studies. I'm on a gap year so I have work experience too....Do I stand an chance????
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Kmohazeb)
    hey guys, am eager to study radiography but my a level subjects are, a language, history, sociology and religious studies. I'm on a gap year so I have work experience too....Do I stand an chance????
    Hi Kmohazeb,

Our entry requirements for Diagnostic Radiography and Imaging is 300 UCAS points, this needs to include 80 points from a science (maths, biology, chemistry or physics). To help you to gain the correct qualifications we offer extended degrees in Science at our consortium colleges, you can find out more information here and here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Good luck,
    Heather
    University of Hertfordshire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Hertfordshire)
    Hi Kmohazeb,

Our entry requirements for Diagnostic Radiography and Imaging is 300 UCAS points, this needs to include 80 points from a science (maths, biology, chemistry or physics). To help you to gain the correct qualifications we offer extended degrees in Science at our consortium colleges, you can find out more information here and here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Good luck,
    Heather
    University of Hertfordshire
    Is the extended degree course likely to feature in clearing? I am looking at applying for radiography this year but was thinking about a back-up plan. As I'm coming from a foundation year I'm worried that they won't accept me, or that I won't get the required marks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.