Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm starting this thread because of how confused I am about the application and enrolment system in medical universities in Italy. I just finished my AS levels and preparing for the imat exam, do they want A2 also ? (Because they said 12 years of education not 13) also if they do want a full A level do they actually have to involve a life science ? And if I do the A levels I might study at home or an institution and do the exam in the British council (i live in dubai) is that fine or do I meed to be enrolled in a school ? One other question does anyone know a consultant who can help me with applying to universities there ? Thank you so much !

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just keep in mind that the procedure each year may change.
    I am from the UK -> was categorized as a EU candidate.

"just finished my AS levels and preparing for the imat exam, do they want A2 also ?" - You need 3 passes (A-E) at GCSE and 3 Passes at A-Level (A-E). From what i've read it's A-E. At Milan we had conditional enrollment. I had my A-Level certs but once others got thiers they would then apply for the DoV (procedure might vary for each country. Best to speak to the Italian Consulate in the UAE) -> Complete enrollment procedure -> Fully enrolled.
    All in all i wouldn't worry about it as people doing A2s have achieved a place this year.

-Doesn't matter what A-Levels subjects. The most important thing is to do well in the test.

And if I do the A levels I might study at home or an institution and do the exam in the British council (i live in dubai)
    -Do you mean sit the IMAT exam in Dubai or London? Basically there are various centres around the world you can take the IMAT exam in 2015. It will be taken the same time everywhere. http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/images/166286-imat-test-centres-2014.pdf

One other question does anyone know a consultant who can help me with applying to universities there ?
    - No sorry but i think all the required info is available on the web. I think the best people to help you would be people who have been through the application process
    Basically you sit the IMAT test -> Rank in the top X amount of candidates -> Follow enrollment procedures (when released)->

For more info on IMAT see :
    medschools.it
    http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/

On a side note i will see if any of my classmates, starting for 2014/15, are from Dubai to see they could help you. As i don't want to give you the wrong advice in terms of enrollment procedure+Documents required.
    Ultsyn

ReputationRep:
    thank you ultsyn,
    so i have to do year 13 ?
    also what i meant is i'll do the A level exam at the british council, would that be a problem ? as in do they just want the certificate or a letter that states i was enrolled in a school ?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omaremz)
    thank you ultsyn,
    so i have to do year 13 ?
    also what i meant is i'll do the A level exam at the british council, would that be a problem ? as in do they just want the certificate or a letter that states i was enrolled in a school ?

thanks
    Hey,

I'm not entirely sure about the educational system there. But in the UK you have High School (GCSE)(11-16) then College (A-Levels)(16-18)(Years 12 and 13).

We get our final results at the end of Year 13. The requirements for entry were 3 passes at GCSE and 3 at A-Level. Pass = Grade A-E with E being 2nd lowest grade. Therefore i assumed you need year 13.

Most importantly you should contact your Italian Consulate and [email protected] (this one regarding the year 13 question).

Ultsyn

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.