Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    me and the girls are thinking of going to Zante next year all inclusive for a week in May. we want to know how much spending money we are going to need we will probably be eating in the hotel for all meals except snacks in the night when we're hungry on a night out but apart from that we'll be going out every night drinking! so how much will we need for a week? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I went back in 08, and I spent around £1500 in 2 weeks. However, there are a few things that make it more expensive for me.

1. I was self-catering, and drank all day every day. Nights were far cheaper than days.
    2. I am male, so I have a higher tolerance level than most girls. Actually, higher than most males.

Do a bit of a shop at the supermarket for your essentials, you should be able to get by well with £50 a day. The clubs were free entry when I went, and the bars all offered free shots or cocktails with your first drink. You'll have a great time though, I loved it.

ReputationRep:
    Just came back from a girls holiday in Zante all Inclusive!
    We ate all our meals in the hotel as there was snacks served throughout the whole day so we could eat whenever we fancied, all inclusive was fab as we ate and drank so much its hard to imagine it would have ever been cheaper going self catering.
    The only added expenses were pre-drinks and food for day trips/end of nights out. The drinks in most hotels are watered down so we went to the supermarket and bought stronger alcohol for pre drinks. There are so many good deals on the strip for drinks, most nights cost us around 10 euros if that. Club entry is free everywhere if you are a girl, and you get free drinks for dancing on bars. The most money consuming thing is events. We pre-paid for a boat party before we went, the White Party (a must) is 35 euros and the paint parties/foam parties were around 20 euros, we also hired a speedboat which was 30 euros for 7 hours but was so worth it. You will also need to budget for air con/a safe/wi-fi at the hotel, which shared between 8 only cost us 8 euros each. I took 330 euros out with me and came back with 70 euros so roughly spent around 260. For us this was the perfect amount however it obviously depends on how many events etc you are planning to do.
    Zante is amazing you will have the best week of your life!
    (we stayed at Zante plaza hotel and apartments, couldn't recommend enough)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesshughes123)
    Just came back from a girls holiday in Zante all Inclusive!
    We ate all our meals in the hotel as there was snacks served throughout the whole day so we could eat whenever we fancied, all inclusive was fab as we ate and drank so much its hard to imagine it would have ever been cheaper going self catering.
    The only added expenses were pre-drinks and food for day trips/end of nights out. The drinks in most hotels are watered down so we went to the supermarket and bought stronger alcohol for pre drinks. There are so many good deals on the strip for drinks, most nights cost us around 10 euros if that. Club entry is free everywhere if you are a girl, and you get free drinks for dancing on bars. The most money consuming thing is events. We pre-paid for a boat party before we went, the White Party (a must) is 35 euros and the paint parties/foam parties were around 20 euros, we also hired a speedboat which was 30 euros for 7 hours but was so worth it. You will also need to budget for air con/a safe/wi-fi at the hotel, which shared between 8 only cost us 8 euros each. I took 330 euros out with me and came back with 70 euros so roughly spent around 260. For us this was the perfect amount however it obviously depends on how many events etc you are planning to do.
    Zante is amazing you will have the best week of your life!
    (we stayed at Zante plaza hotel and apartments, couldn't recommend enough)
    Where did you get tickets for events such as the White Party and pain party???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadeeshaj)
    Where did you get tickets for events such as the White Party and pain party???
    You can buy all event tickets from the strip during the day when you're out there from sellers or ask at the info centre. We never pre-booked anything other than the boat party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesshughes123)
    You can buy all event tickets from the strip during the day when you're out there from sellers or ask at the info centre. We never pre-booked anything other than the boat party.
    Was there a holiday rep at your hotel? if so were they a rip off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadeeshaj)
    Was there a holiday rep at your hotel? if so were they a rip off
    Yes! holiday reps will try and sell you event package 'deals' on the first day for over 200 euros which are a complete rip off. The deals include events every single day, but from what I found many of our best nights were when we just went out on the strip and did our own thing. Our holiday rep told us it would be worth buying just for the free drinks which are included as drinks on the strip are 'so expensive' not true at all, they will literally say anything to get money.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.