Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi.

I don't really know where to start with this but I feel I have an unhealthy obsession and I'd really appreciate any advice/experience you have.

It sounds quite silly when I think/write about it but it's famous people. I'll go through phases where I can't stop thinking about them and it's not love because I don't know any of the people for whom this happens.

But if I see a picture, for example, of my current obsession then I get an intense sense of longing because of how beautiful they are and just a general, warm feeling but also one of sadness. It feels more than just appreciating someone's looks though.

Help?

x

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to know someone in person to love them.

I think you're just appreciating qualities in them that you want to have also. Perhaps you'd also like someone like them to have as a friend/partner.

Please clarify your situation more if you can

You don't need to know someone in person to love them.

I think you're just appreciating qualities in them that you want to have also. Perhaps you'd also like someone like them to have as a friend/partner.

Please clarify your situation more if you can
    Thanks for your reply and I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner.

I don't know whether I agree or disagree with you saying you don't need to know someone to love them - it seems as though it could work both ways. Either you don't know someone and you love them because of the way they look and the things they do (if that makes sense), but also you love them because you know them?

Anyway I'm not too sure what else I can say. I was hoping there may be other people who have experience of this.

I think you're right about me wishing I had those qualities/I had a partner/friend with those.

They don't call them crushes for nothing!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.