Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who is the best player in the premier league/who will have the best season next year? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Best player in the premier league
    Sanchez
    7.26%
    Ozil
    6.45%
    Hazard
    12.90%
    Mata
    1.61%
    Diego Costa
    2.42%
    Daniel Sturridge
    4.84%
    Raheem Sterling
    3.23%
    Robin Van Persie
    4.03%
    Vincent Kompany
    3.23%
    John Terry
    1.61%
    Fabregas
    4.03%
    Mertesacker
    0.81%
    David Silva
    1.61%
    Sergio Aguero
    8.87%
    Yaya Toure
    34.68%
    Other
    2.42%

ReputationRep:
    As title says. Will include a poll in a second. Also who will have the best season?

Also think it's close between quite a few players.

I'll go for Hazard imo. Only reason he didn't get PFA player of the year was because of Suarez. Playing in an pretty defensive/pragmatic Chelsea system as the only real creator last season didn't help. With Fabregas, Matic etc you'll see Hazard flourish.

ReputationRep:
    I voted Toure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    I voted Toure.
    Fairplay, great player, would like a player who puts in work to track back after his runs. Don't think he's energetic enough(which I like from my players) and that he's a stat machine.He's a very effective player though.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero. Hazard is a good player and can improve, but he's vastly overrated. Based on last season, Willian is more important to Chelsea than Hazard.

ReputationRep:
    I voted John Terry for the lols

ReputationRep:
    Through gritted teeth I voted for Yaya Toure Jam, he's the player I most want for my team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Fairplay, great player, would like a player who puts in work to track back after his runs. Don't think he's energetic enough(which I like from my players) and that he's a stat machine.He's a very effective player though.
    He can do pretty much everything you want from a midfielder and has inspired City to both of their recent titles as much as anyone else in their team. He sometimes looks deceptively laid back but can instantly come to life and power straight through defenders when the opportunity presents itself. How long he can keep it up will be interesting to see but as it stands (and with Suarez's departure) he is the best player in the league.

Hazard isn't quite there yet. He was a lot more influential last season and his talent is plain to see but he hasn't quite become the force of nature that wins games singlehandedly. Maybe next season...

ReputationRep:
    Aguero

ReputationRep:
    Raheeeeemmmm

ReputationRep:
    He can do pretty much everything you want from a midfielder and has inspired City to both of their recent titles as much as anyone else in their team. He sometimes looks deceptively laid back but can instantly come to life and power straight through defenders when the opportunity presents itself.

As with Messi yesterday. I disagree that the best player is the guy who only does things with the ball. Off the ball, when their team are not on the ball they're terrible. It can leave your team in jeopardy and I think it's unfair on the players who work hard trying to retrieve the ball back that somebody is trying their hardest to just get their stats up.
    How long he can keep it up will be interesting to see but as it stands (and with Suarez's departure) he is the best player in the league.

Hazard isn't quite there yet. He was a lot more influential last season and his talent is plain to see but he hasn't quite become the force of nature that wins games singlehandedly. Maybe next season...
    Aguero when fit was looking to break the PL goalscoring record along with Suarez. He is the second best player. But he's not been fit the previous season.

I think it'll go between Hazard and Aguero, with Hazard winning the battle, due to his superior fitness. Aguero has had a lot of injuries the past 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    [/B]As with Messi yesterday. I disagree that the best player is the guy who only does things with the ball. Off the ball, when their team are not on the ball they're terrible. It can leave your team in jeopardy and I think it's unfair on the players who work hard trying to retrieve the ball back that somebody is trying their hardest to just get their stats up.

Aguero when fit was looking to break the PL goalscoring record along with Suarez. He is the second best player. But he's not been fit the previous season.

I think it'll go between Hazard and Aguero, with Hazard winning the battle, due to his superior fitness. Aguero has had a lot of injuries the past 2 years.
    It's a shame for Aguero but because of his injuries we can only speculate whether he could have maintained that level over the whole season. Tbh Dzeko made as much of an impact for City as Aguero last season even if they aren't on the same level of ability.

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame for Aguero but because of his injuries we can only speculate whether he could have maintained that level over the whole season. Tbh Dzeko made as much of an impact for City as Aguero last season even if they aren't on the same level of ability.
    Aguero was on point to break the goalscoring record. Scoring in pretty much every big game last season. The impact of Aguero was Suarez level. Problem is that their consistency happened in the second half of the season, where Aguero got injured.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero > Suarez if he wasn't so injury prone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I voted for Toure as Suarez is no longer around.

ReputationRep:
    Toure. Hazard a close second. Both are fantastic players.

ReputationRep:
    Also I admit I made a mistake, since I wanted to add defenders I didn't include Ramsey, but he deserves an honourable mention.

Also AR_95, how comes you voted for Terry? Interested to see why. While he's the best defender in the league, is he the best player?
    (Original post by pane123)
    Aguero. Hazard is a good player and can improve, but he's vastly overrated. Based on last season, Willian is more important to Chelsea than Hazard.
    Did you watch Chelsea the whole of last season?

All Willian does is run around the pitch, does a few stepovers then when he's in a position to score or set somebody up he misskicks the ball. His goal and assist tally is terrible for a reason.

Hazard was the guy pulling the strings for everything. While adding defensive work to boot. Willian is essentially an attacking version of Ramires.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero was on point to break the goalscoring record. Scoring in pretty much every big game last season. The impact of Aguero was Suarez level. Problem is that their consistency happened in the second half of the season, where Aguero got injured.
    If we judging players on what they could have achieved if they weren't injured then why isn't Ramsey in the poll?

ReputationRep:
    Not being funny but only a Liverpool fan would put Sterling in that list.

On a personal level, Hazard.

Suarez before he left. Now it's probably Yaya Toure.

ReputationRep:
    If we judging players on what they could have achieved if they weren't injured then why isn't Ramsey in the poll?
    Read previous post.

Plus anyway this is Ramsey's first breakthrough season. While Aguero has been a hit in England. His first season was great, he had a few personal issues in his second season but this season when fit he did very well. Despite being injured for a large chunk of the season, he got 28 goals in 34 appearances and 17 goals in 23 appearances. There's also the case that City's attack looks completely flat without Aguero. He's a big part of their style of play.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney a consensus top 10 in the world player a few seasons ago is absent and Sterling whose had 1 good season is present in the poll?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.