Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am a student at the University of Liverpool and have recently been offered a year in industry at Nottingham science park. I am just wondering whether there is any house shares or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess_asmith)
    Hi I am a student at the University of Liverpool and have recently been offered a year in industry at Nottingham science park. I am just wondering whether there is any house shares or anything?
    University Park campus is literally across the road from Nottingham Science Park. There is accommodation (houses and halls) on University Park which may be let: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommod...mmodation.aspx

For cheaper options, check our houses in Dunkirk, Lenton, and the north side of Beeston. You can find individual rooms to rent in shared houses on all the usual websites. The city centre is also a good shout if you have a bike, car, or don't mind getting the bus.

The only site mods have ever allowed me to post is the one the University and SU both officially promote through their affiliation, Unipol, who do have noticeboards for people looking for rooms in shared houses: http://www.unipol.org.uk/notice-board?forumid=19.

As you're a current student, you are exempt from Council Tax. It's probably cheaper to share with students given this, as if you share with other non-students I can imagine they'll ask you to pay your share, even after any tax discounts.

ReputationRep:
    Most houses would be gone by now, at least the good ones. You can always stay in off-campus halls if you prefer that, such as Opal, St Peters Court, Manor Villages, Raleigh Park, Broadgate Park, Albion House...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffingg)
    Most houses would be gone by now, at least the good ones. You can always stay in off-campus halls if you prefer that, such as Opal, St Peters Court, Manor Villages, Raleigh Park, Broadgate Park, Albion House...
    Most designated student houses may be gone, but if you look specifically at houses not advertised to students, they are better value-for-money, better quality, the same Council Tax reductions application, and the landlords aren't normally as ****. Twice now I've stayed in houses not advertised as student houses and they've been amazing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.