Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heya,
    I have completed the marks needed for Chester University. I am currently trying to figure out what utilities i will need to bring to the university with me in September. I was wondering if anyone who has experience on their first year at uni, with self catering would be so kind as to help me, and guide me?
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julititta)
    Heya,
    I have completed the marks needed for Chester University. I am currently trying to figure out what utilities i will need to bring to the university with me in September. I was wondering if anyone who has experience on their first year at uni, with self catering would be so kind as to help me, and guide me?
    Thank you so much
    Pots, pans, bowels, plates and mugs containers etc not too too much if you applied for studio if you're sharing a kitchen there's more room soo bring a bit more ...

Depends if you're okay to share knives and forks with strangers you can just bring your own ?

Obi a laptop would be good, and as for duvets in studios I hear they provide them so you just need sets if shared kitchen self catered I think you would brining your own ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Louise)
    Pots, pans, bowels, plates and mugs containers etc not too too much if you applied for studio if you're sharing a kitchen there's more room soo bring a bit more ...

Depends if you're okay to share knives and forks with strangers you can just bring your own ?

Obi a laptop would be good, and as for duvets in studios I hear they provide them so you just need sets if shared kitchen self catered I think you would brining your own ?

That's fab! Thank you for that. Have to start making a check list^^ I don't mind sharing as long as they are clean:3
    Yeah i think laptop is an important one, and i guess wait and see what the uni say

ReputationRep:
    That's fab! Thank you for that. Have to start making a check list^^ I don't mind sharing as long as they are clean:3
    Yeah i think laptop is an important one, and i guess wait and see what the uni say

Hygiene is everything, and urm didn't they send you a booklet with what to bring ? The send me one a little while back with a brief idea ?

ReputationRep:
    Hygiene is everything, and urm didn't they send you a booklet with what to bring ? The send me one a little while back with a brief idea ?
    That's true, but to be honest i'm also not going to go out of my way to make sure everything is 100% perfect, i'm messy, so i can handle a lil mess^^
    Thing is, i just sent in my results today, coz the person who was meant to send them never did :/

ReputationRep:
    That's true, but to be honest i'm also not going to go out of my way to make sure everything is 100% perfect, i'm messy, so i can handle a lil mess^^
    Thing is, i just sent in my results today, coz the person who was meant to send them never did :/
    Oh noo sorry about that hope they get back to you really soon ! So they can send you all the right stuff

I'm messy too, but I think in my own little room I will keep it tidy well some sort

ReputationRep:
    Oh noo sorry about that hope they get back to you really soon ! So they can send you all the right stuff

I'm messy too, but I think in my own little room I will keep it tidy well some sort
    I hope so too, and i think that they will
    Hehe i think we all say that, but after fresher's week with all the partying i doubt it^^

ReputationRep:
    Heya,
    Thank you so much
    Hey, can't say much on what you are asking but I thought I would ask what subject you are going to be studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran_Lamb)
    Hey, can't say much on what you are asking but I thought I would ask what subject you are going to be studying?
    It's okay I'm going to do Criminology and Spanish u?

ReputationRep:
    It's okay I'm going to do Criminology and Spanish u?
    Wow thats awesome! What subjects did you take previously?
    I am going to be studying business studies!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.